• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you consider a typical vet bill expensive?

I think everyone looses perspective over money when it comes to their fur babies, I know I do!
We have moved Jimby and Cookie upstairs and to make sure they have lots to play with, lots to do to keep them happy we have brought...

An off cut of carpet £47.00
Had the carpet bound £30.00
Hay Bungalow £26.00
Hay mat £11.22
Willow Spiral £1.99
Carrot shaped rabbit food bowl £4.60
Willow balls £5.08
Vet bed £8.28
Feeding ball toy £6.49
More NIC panels £35.00
A new Blind £26.99
Fly Stickers £3.99

Total £206.64... and they are only staying upstairs for 8 months! :oops: :lol:

When Jimby was really ill with one of his bouts of statis our bill was over £300 and I did not even think about the money I was just so happy that they had made him better! :love:

Last edited:
That's quite an optimistic salary for a vet in general practice!

My vets would say the same, and they do all the on call work themselves. We can see our own vets every day of the week, every day of the year- I don't grudge paying a lot for that service, and they can be called out for ridiculous reasons!

My bunny has regular vet trips for her ongoing treatment for her abscess and her bills range from £38 - £65 each time. I would hate to think what i would do if my other 13 rabbits got sick or my guinea pigs. My cats are insured.

I wouldn't really think anything of that. I paid for I&J's spays as I was picking them up, just handed over my card, I didn't really think about £140 coming out my account.

I'm actually really lucky.

this thread has just made me laugh at the irony of my own life -

i cancelled my own dental check up last month as i couldn't afford the £15 bill but that was so i could pay for eric's dental:lol:

this thread has just made me laugh at the irony of my own life -

i cancelled my own dental check up last month as i couldn't afford the £15 bill but that was so i could pay for eric's dental:lol:

:lol::lol:

My shopping trolley normally has lots of beautiful fresh veg and herbs for the buns and my stuff consists of basics and value items :lol:

Back