• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

Best wishes Boo, keep eating the brambles and don't forget to try and eat everything else (not that I'm sure you need encouragement to try!) :) Good luck and best wishes for next week :)

Thanks for asking. She seems a little subdued this morning, she's not eating her cecos & poos still below par. However I went out first thing after she refused herbs & got a stash of brambles. I'm pleased to report they are going down really well - this makes me very happy.

Sorry its blurry

j1fXDeem.jpg
[/IMG]

Maybe I am being unrealistic expecting her to be on top form, I certainly wouldn't be if I'd had a dental abscess discharging in to my mouth for over a month

Good to see the little Boo again :)

Rabbits do seem to endure a lot (that we would complain about :lol:) but I think it's the medication from anaesthetics also, including pain, that can get them down a bit.

Vibes for Boozey xx

Thanks everyone - you're right, she must be feeling a bit rotten.

She still likes her brambles though, if I can keep her eating loads of them for a week I'll be happy (ish)

Thanks everyone - you're right, she must be feeling a bit rotten.

She still likes her brambles though, if I can keep her eating loads of them for a week I'll be happy (ish)

I'm guessing that brambles won't keep you upbeat though? Can I send you anything to cheer you up chuck? xx

I'm guessing that brambles won't keep you upbeat though? Can I send you anything to cheer you up chuck? xx

Yes please, can you send a new colour laser printer :lol: I'm ok - we all have these troubles with our rabbits & at least I have hope, thanks though

what did he say MM?

Boo is doing well under the circumstances

Just now (she eats more hay off the floor so I've been indulging her)

OfZXWGj.jpg

legs from last night :love:

IhRKXze.jpg

what did he say MM?

Boo is doing well under the circumstances

Just now (she eats more hay off the floor so I've been indulging her)

OfZXWGj.jpg
[/IMG]

legs from last night :love:

IhRKXze.jpg

I hope she's eating that piece and not just snipping it :lol: Good girl if so :thumb:

Oh Princess Boo. I'm so so so sorry I've not been here sooner.

You've so much to deal with and your dedicated mummy will do anything to keep you comfortable (as she spoken going bramble hunting and having a hay floor).

I'm sending so many vibes for you baby girl. You've got this xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh Princess Boo. I'm so so so sorry I've not been here sooner.

You've so much to deal with and your dedicated mummy will do anything to keep you comfortable (as she spoken going bramble hunting and having a hay floor).

I'm sending so many vibes for you baby girl. You've got this xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Boo says it ok Mommy2, thank you for the vibes xx

Thanks MM, Scrappy & Omi too

Tell him thanks DP.

I had to ask my OH twice if he'd fed her this evening...she pinned me down & at the same time selectively raided the vast quantities of veg & herbs I brought home from work. She is ravenous.

Joey Boo & Mouse appear to have a right poo fest all over the lounge this evening. I really want to believe they are Boo's. Her poo is still disappointing. She does eat hay but in tiny amounts & only one type. She eats buckets of herbs & brambles though. Off for a sweep so I can sort out who is pooing where & assess quality. When Boo was in hospital J&M only did poo in the tray :? I think they are occasional culprits & Boo the truly dirty madam :lol:

& a beer belly :lol:

Another positive, she is back to drinking water. I feel like she is in a much better place for surgery than last week

That's excellent :D It should help, if only a little, with the anxiety of the situation too.

Back