• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding q

Even with the backslide It sounds positive based on his experience with Apricot. Sending lots more vibes they have a strong bond soon.

I agree. It'd be nicer if they hadn't had that spat but its still really early days. That's cute to hear of Evelyn helping & Freddie enjoying sofa cuddles all night.

I think in the early stages of bonding both rabbits will still be wary of each other and working things out. Toleration of each other with no aggression is a good result in the early days. It takes time for a closer bond to develop in my experience.

How were they overnight?

I think in the early stages of bonding both rabbits will still be wary of each other and working things out. Toleration of each other with no aggression is a good result in the early days. It takes time for a closer bond to develop in my experience.

How were they overnight?
Pretty good! I woke up a few times coz Willoughby was chasing her a little, the speed has slowed down tho massively, been feeding veg, herbs, pellets and treats and they eat nicely together, they even shared a kale leaf with no issues. They aren't laying together much now tho, so hoping that comes back.

Do you think a dishwasher will remove scent? I'm using a small water bowl that was new, came with new cage, so no smells of anyone but it's too small really now they don't seem to knock it over, they both had a large proper bowl when they were seperate, which I put through dishwasher last night, reckon I could just use one for their water bowls instead now? Or could they still smell one of them on it you reckon?

Sounds positive. I wouldn't be concerned about the water bowl and I would be surprised if it were an issue.

Sounds positive. I wouldn't be concerned about the water bowl and I would be surprised if it were an issue.
Yea I hope so! Seeing them DBF next to each other yesterday was amazing tbh, I wish they hadn't had the scrap later. But they are still grooming each other so I guess it's going okay. I hope they can be left for a few hours tomorrow morning tho, coz I have to collect Evelyn from school. Michael is doing it today. Wednesday Michael will be here for the 2 hours I'm gone, Thursday they'll need to be left for a few hours again then Friday everyone is here.. I'd really like to sleep in my bed tonight tho tbh 😂😂😂 we'll see I guess! Tbh they don't really need any interference but I just worry in case it doesn't stop on it's own and I'm not here. Tricky one bonding! Definitely not my jam 😂

Sorry I haven’t commented much, but pleased to see things looking to be going in the right direction x
That's okay Jane, you have have an awful lot going on! Plus this thread is basically just me saying I'm not too sure what's happening 😂😂 x

Aw just catching up with this again, that is such a good update and just look at them 😍 well done bunnies, keep it going 😊 well done you too Graciee, dont think I'd have the nerve !

Aww, they look happy together. 🥰 Good job, all three of you. I'm not sure why you think you're bad at this, Graciee; it's only been a few days and they're doing so well together already. ❤️

Back