• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a group of 3

Lu_x

Mama Doe
Hi,

I'm hoping for some tips and reassurance before I begin my bunny bonding.

Currently I have Velcro and Josie who have been bonded for 1 year. Now I'm not going to lie they were an easy bond. They meet on neutral ground, they shared some veg and they fell inlove! There was no anomosity at all.

So you'll see why I'm now wanting any tips at all on how to add a third bun to this already very happy pair.

I want to bond them with Alice my little netherland dwarf. Now she is an ex breeder bun, and the only contact with other buns she has had is for the purpose of breeding. She's been spayed back at the start of January and I'm now ready to bond them all.

My plan is to set up a puppy pen in the dining room and do the introduction there, so please any top tips on bonding them all together would be most welcomed.

Thank you all in advance!

Thanks for this link. Your posts are very helpful on there. I'll contemplate whether to ask my mum if I can set up a pen in her conservatory, as that will be neutral ground and then she can help with watching them! :)

Before you bring them home you will need to neutralise your place. It is often worth slightly restricting their space indoors (if they are house rabbits) and getting that area neutralised so that you have a neutral space for when you bring them home.

Before you bring them home you will need to neutralise your place. It is often worth slightly restricting their space indoors (if they are house rabbits) and getting that area neutralised so that you have a neutral space for when you bring them home.

That's another reason it would be good to do it at my mum's it'll give me a good chance to go to town on the bunny room as I need to wash the sofa cover and clean the floor thoroughly and all their bits and bobs! I've got a good plan in my head now, just need to beg my mum for the use of her conservatory!

Back