• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Question

Lattebun

New Kit
I have just gotten a little 10 week old male bun, wondering how to grt him a little friend? When is the best time? And how will I start the bonding process. Can I get another bun and set them side by side to smell each other?

Sorry for all the questions haha 😊

I have just gotten a little 10 week old male bun, wondering how to grt him a little friend? When is the best time? And how will I start the bonding process. Can I get another bun and set them side by side to smell each other?

Sorry for all the questions haha 😊

The baby Rabbit will need to be neutered prior to bonding. ‘Baby Bonds’ are not true bonds. Whilst babies might get on fine as soon as puberty hits things often go badly wrong.

I would first focus on getting your baby Rabbit neutered and vaccinated by a Rabbit Savvy Vet

Then 6-8 weeks AFTER neutering you could look into adopting another Rabbit from a Rescue to bond with your Buck. Reputable Rescues will neuter and vaccinate all of their Rabbits and many Rescues will give help and support with bonding.

If you bookmark the Rabbit Welfare Associaton’s website that provides a vast amount of up to date and reliable information about all aspects of caring for Rabbits 😀

Back