• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Blossom Hasnt Eaten Since 4pm

I'm so so tired of what feels like a constant roundabout.

Blossom has hidden away and not eaten this evening. They had a really active morning and I'm just desperately clinging onto the maybe she's just tired as they don't usually do so much first thing.

I'm sure she ate nuggets at 4ish as she was out and excited for them.

I genuinely don't know her ill self well enough to know if this is tiredness or something else. She's still producing pellets, they were a bit smaller yesterday but put that down to moult as there was some hair. But back to normal size now.

She has a bit of brown pee stain on her white fur under her bits but that might be from running from hubby and not having time to clean up maybe? I've not encountered a bun with stains before?

She was very unhappy to be up but I could her her belly soft popping and the occasional gurgling. She's very unhappy with us now and has gone back into their house.

They tried the Herby Hay timothy orchard hay mix yesterday, maybe that hasn't gone down well?

It awful I know but I don't want to go to the vets again, I feel like I'll be judged for another ill bunny. I must be feeding them too many treats like hay sticks, fenugreek crunchie which is the only thing that allows me to brush Rodney or the dried forage stuff.

A treat test doesn't really work for her now I've angered her and to be honest I'm not sure if I should be feeding them anyway.

I just wanna curl up on my sofa and cry.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I should add I've I've syringed her as much water as I could but maybe 5mls?

Her mouth is very small, I kind of wish there was a smaller long bore syringe for her. As the one from the hay experts is a bit chunky.

I know how you feel. It’s that feeling of your instinct saying somethings not right, against your head saying “am I looking for something?”
I know it probably doesn’t help right now, but personally I’d go with my gut every time. You’ve noticed a slight change and no matter how insignificant, it’s a change. There’s not much you can do right now other than monitor and sleep on it. I know that’s easy for me to say but I’ve been there.
Assess how blossom is first thing. Make a good fuss of her. She’s probably hiding now cause she’s feeling a bit miffed so see how she is in the morning. If there’s no change and your gut is still telling you somethings not right, then you can call the vet and get her checked.
Sorry, not much help but sending loads of vibes for blossom. Xx

Sending loads of vibes for Blossom. Have you got any fresh strong-smelling herbs or similar? If so, I would put some close to her. Move away and try to observe her without her knowing .

Sending you loads of hugs. I know the feeling well of wanting to curl up and cry.

Thanks guys.

Craig you're 100% right it is that head vs gut feeling and that kind of oh my goodness not again.

I also feel mildly panicked as it's the first time I don't have any metacam on hand as the vets have started only giving the specific doses out rather than the 10ml bottles.

We've retreated to the lounge so they'll be able to hear us and know we're not nearby. Annoyingly I can just see her bum on the bunny cam as she obviously knows where it is and I'd have to go in to move it.

I've left them with some dill basil and parsley but I suspect in an absolute turn around to the last few weeks Rodney will hoover them up while she's sleeping.

I fear she may be dehydrated as she drinks a lot usually but the dark brown stain might mean she's not had a lot today? Although one bowl was almost empty as usual.

I feel awful as I threw their routine out by letting them out to play this morning and I wonder if this has caused some stress.

Thanks guys.

Craig you're 100% right it is that head vs gut feeling and that kind of oh my goodness not again.

I also feel mildly panicked as it's the first time I don't have any metacam on hand as the vets have started only giving the specific doses out rather than the 10ml bottles.

We've retreated to the lounge so they'll be able to hear us and know we're not nearby. Annoyingly I can just see her bum on the bunny cam as she obviously knows where it is and I'd have to go in to move it.

I've left them with some dill basil and parsley but I suspect in an absolute turn around to the last few weeks Rodney will hoover them up while she's sleeping.

I fear she may be dehydrated as she drinks a lot usually but the dark brown stain might mean she's not had a lot today? Although one bowl was almost empty as usual.

I feel awful as I threw their routine out by letting them out to play this morning and I wonder if this has caused some stress.

The dark brown stain will almost certainly be plant pigment and nothing to do with dehydration.

The dark brown stain will almost certainly be plant pigment and nothing to do with dehydration.
Thank you that's a relief.

We rarely see their pee colour because of the wood pellet litter we use although it would be useful to know.

Thank you that's a relief.

We rarely see their pee colour because of the wood pellet litter we use although it would be useful to know.

Rabbit urine can be a variety of different colours depending on what they've been eating. Some plants will result in a very reddish colour, which sometimes causes panic.

I’m sorry you are going through all of this :cry: I would doubt it’s the hay that’s upset her, as I wouldn’t think there’s too much of anything in it that would cause an issue. I know in the past some people found fenugreek crunchies caused issue, although I’ve fed them in the past without any problems. Hay sticks if they are the fibafirst type thing can usually be fed in quite a quantity, and I’ve not known them cause any issues. Again with dried forage I’ve never had any cause issue, it’s usually fresh stuff if anything I’ve found can upset them, or new vegetables. I’m sure it’s nothing you have done or not done. I think watching her on camera is a good idea, particularly if she’s not a people orientated bunny. I’d see if you can tempt her with some favourite foods, if she isn’t eating soon I would call the vet. If she’s moulting and ingested fur it could have caused a bit of a gut slowdown. Sending lots of vibes xx

Now eating wet smelly herbs!

Hubby thinks she was in a funk as this is the first day she's not had more of Rodney's fresh foods than he has.

I'm not so sure I think it may have been gas actually I just heard a big rumble before she started eating.

I might forget the fenugreeks for her then as actually I think I've only tried her on them the last few days. Before now she's only had a tiny bit of one whereas today she had her own as I needed to get Rodney's matt out.

One day I'm going to give in and ask the vet to shave him I just know it!

Thanks for the support, I get so worked up about it all now. Hubby keeps telling me to relax but he doesn't quite get the buns like you guys do.

Hopefully she'll be back to normal in the morning otherwise I shall whisk them to the vets but here's hoping we don't need to go til March for her vaccine [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Fingers crossed she will be ok now. I know they do cause so much worry at times! xx

I'm sorty Blossom is unwell but I'm glad she s a little better. Fingers crossed she will be even better in the morning!

Now eating wet smelly herbs!

Hubby thinks she was in a funk as this is the first day she's not had more of Rodney's fresh foods than he has.

I'm not so sure I think it may have been gas actually I just heard a big rumble before she started eating.

I might forget the fenugreeks for her then as actually I think I've only tried her on them the last few days. Before now she's only had a tiny bit of one whereas today she had her own as I needed to get Rodney's matt out.

One day I'm going to give in and ask the vet to shave him I just know it!

Thanks for the support, I get so worked up about it all now. Hubby keeps telling me to relax but he doesn't quite get the buns like you guys do.

Hopefully she'll be back to normal in the morning otherwise I shall whisk them to the vets but here's hoping we don't need to go til March for her vaccine [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

I bought a package of fenugreeks and read that one ingredient on my package was corn. I chose not to use them even though some people say they are good treats. Sending vibes she continues to improve.

It is very stressful to worry about a beloved pet and sometimes it can make us feel physically ill. Sending you vibes too.

When I had an arthritic bunny with matts, I cut part of the matt being sure to stay away from the skin before I attempted to get it sorted.
Sending more vibes for your bunny.

She was at the door waiting for me this morning.

She wanted playtime and she wanted it now!

She has taken her breakfast Romaine Leaf and is demolishing it.

There's also lots of poop everywhere [emoji16] she has gigantic poop so there's no mistaking it for Rodneys.

I think possibly it was a gas episode it was sort of similar to the ones Primrose used to have. I think we'll give up on the crunchies for now and I'll give her something else while I groom Rodney.

I will check her undercarriage just to make sure she has cleaned herself up but she's usually very fastidious with that.

Back