• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky ... emergency surgery ... He's gone. p128 PM results

I'm getting really confused now re the diagnosis:oops: Given I hadn't slept, I may have got it wrong. Frances did talk a lot about the pancreas so I'm wondering if it was 'pancreatitis' rather than 'peritonitis". Apologies if I've misled, or may be doing now, but I'm just not sure.

I'm getting really confused now re the diagnosis:oops: Given I hadn't slept, I may have got it wrong. Frances did talk a lot about the pancreas so I'm wondering if it was 'pancreatitis' rather than 'peritonitis". Apologies if I've misled, or may be doing now, but I'm just not sure.

Heavens BB you are totally forgiven whatever you said and whatever the diagnosis! There is no need to apologise. I can't imagine the state you must have been in (even if internally/emotionally) after the conference and having Binky pass away ... and no sleep.

I'm sure Frances will catch you up with all the details ... x

Heavens BB you are totally forgiven whatever you said and whatever the diagnosis! There is no need to apologise. I can't imagine the state you must have been in (even if internally/emotionally) after the conference and having Binky pass away ... and no sleep.

I'm sure Frances will catch you up with all the details ... x

Thanks, I'm a mess right now. I've been on some sort of weird high I don't understand for a few hours, then got a couple of hours sleep and ... well it's like I've lost a whole day and all I can remember is going to fetch Binky. I should even be able to work out which condition as Nigel did the PM and explained a fair bit to me. Maybe it's both? pancreatitis... burst pancreas... peritonitis?? *sigh*. How can I not know when they've so carefully told me :(

:oops:Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Thanks, I'm a mess right now. I've been on some sort of weird high I don't understand for a few hours, then got a couple of hours sleep and ... well it's like I've lost a whole day and all I can remember is going to fetch Binky. I should even be able to work out which condition as Nigel did the PM and explained a fair bit to me. Maybe it's both? pancreatitis... burst pancreas... peritonitis?? *sigh*. How can I not know when they've so carefully told me :(

:oops:Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Grief does funny things to our perception. The two words sound similar and with your senses clouded by what had happened to Binky, on top of feeling responsible in some way for the conference day ... meeting people etc etc... I am not surprised this has happened. It's been a kind of weird 24 hours for you ..

Would Nigel go over some of it again with you?

Grief does funny things to our perception. The two words sound similar and with your senses clouded by what had happened to Binky, on top of feeling responsible in some way for the conference day ... meeting people etc etc... I am not surprised this has happened. It's been a kind of weird 24 hours for you ..

Would Nigel go over some of it again with you
?

Probably, but his role really was handing over Binky, Frances gave the explanation initially. Having heard it from both of them 3 hours apart, all the more frustrating that I don't know what the diagnosis was:oops::oops: I know they won't mind me asking again.

Last edited:
Probably, but his role really was handing over Binky, Frances gave the explanation initially. Having heard it from both of them 3 hours apart, all the more frustrating that I don't know what the diagnosis was:oops::oops: I know they won't mind me asking again.

Of course they wont. I doubt either of them expected you to take it all in straight away. C always calls me a few times after a loss, to ask if I need her to go over things again or if there is anything else she can do.

Both Pancreatitis and peritonitis can occur together, so it seems that regardless of whether it was one or the other or both Binky was a very sick Rabbit and I doubt that there would have been anything that could have been done to save him. Not that that makes your loss any more bearable I know :cry:

Thanks again for the support everybody, so glad I have 'bunny people' to talk to.

[video]

We have an appointment at the crematorium at noon. busy steeling myself. I've decided to ask for a big casket with both their names on so I can reunite him with Shadow.

This is where he went: It's so peaceful, it's very 'healing' driving up here. http://www.cravenpetcrematorium.co.uk/

Last edited:

No of course they won't mind you asking again :D

And you always have bunny people here to talk with :wave:

Thanks again for the support everybody, so glad I have 'bunny people' to talk to.

[video]

We have an appointment at the crematorium at noon. busy steeling myself. I've decided to ask for a big casket with both their names on so I can reunite him with Shadow.

That's a lovely little video of him :cry:

That's a lovely little video of him :cry:

Thank you:cry: Looking at his surroundings, it must have been in his first couple of weeks here as it was before he was neutered and rebonded with his brother. He was such a placid and lovely soul. I forgot I had that video, I haven't taken photos for ages, I really need to get some good pictures of the others - losing him came completely out of the blue for me.

Thank you:cry: Looking at his surroundings, it must have been in his first couple of weeks here as it was before he was neutered and rebonded with his brother. He was such a placid and lovely soul. I forgot I had that video, I haven't taken photos for ages, I really need to get some good pictures of the others - losing him came completely out of the blue for me.

All losses are so hard to come to terms with, but those that come completely out of the blue really can leave us in a state of total shock and disbelief. I still struggle to accept what happened to Sir Victor and I lost him over 3 years ago, on 11th June 2012.

I do hope that your remaining Rabbits will give you some degree of comfort and a feeling of purpose. I know all too well how sometimes it seems like crawling off into a corner and staying there would be very appealing. It is my 4 remaining Rabbits and their 100% dependence on me that forces me not to do it.

A really sweet video BB. I'd love to see more photos of your other bunnies. I often think that of established RU members whose rabbits you tend to see less.

I can empathise with not taking info in fully, it so hard when you're stressed or upset - we're not designed to think clearly then. I hope you get some clarification

Back