• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing recovery

She looks kinda like an otter rex do u think? :?

Did cross my mind, as her markings are like Blackberry and Co's boys....but Im hopeless with breeds.I know mine are 2 lionheads and 2 Netherland dwarf crosses.:lol::lol:
What is she doing now??

I wouldn't have guessed you were only ten. When I was ten I had no idea how to use a PC (don't think they had any as I am ancient:oops:).

Bunnies often won't 'take' medicine in the way that we do as it can taste quite yucky and they don't realise it is for their own good. It is really important your bun has pain relief otherwise she will start feeling sore and probably stop eating.

It's a lot easier to give a bun medicine if there are two of you. One to wrap bunny in a kind of bunny burito - which is a towel wrapped around bun so that she can't kick you with her feet - and the other to hold the head and to gently syringe the medicine into the mouth.

Do you have someone who can help you? If not, maybe someone from here can offer to help - but only if your parents are OK with that.

I wouldn't have guessed you were only ten. When I was ten I had no idea how to use a PC (don't think they had any as I am ancient:oops:).

Bunnies often won't 'take' medicine in the way that we do as it can taste quite yucky and they don't realise it is for their own good. It is really important your bun has pain relief otherwise she will start feeling sore and probably stop eating.

It's a lot easier to give a bun medicine if there are two of you. One to wrap bunny in a kind of bunny burito - which is a towel wrapped around bun so that she can't kick you with her feet - and the other to hold the head and to gently syringe the medicine into the mouth.

Do you have someone who can help you?

yea my mum or dad i have given her some now with the method you lot told me

Did cross my mind, as her markings are like Blackberry and Co's boys....but Im hopeless with breeds.I know mine are 2 lionheads and 2 Netherland dwarf crosses.:lol::lol:
What is she doing now??

She is lying down now i think she must be really tired i don't think she's done as much poo as normal but i think it will start again in about a day or so im not sure :wave:

She is lying down now i think she must be really tired i don't think she's done as much poo as normal but i think it will start again in about a day or so im not sure :wave:

youre right.If you give her snacks and food over the evening, she may have a nibble during the night.There will be poo to follow!!!!
Keep it nice and quiet for her.Try not to pick her up,or get her over excited.
Keep us in the know and she will get lots better.

youre right.If you give her snacks and food over the evening, she may have a nibble during the night.There will be poo to follow!!!!
Keep it nice and quiet for her.Try not to pick her up,or get her over excited.
Keep us in the know and she will get lots better.

I'll upate tomorrow :D

Wow. 10? I knew you were young, but didn't know you were that young. You come across as much more mature than your age :)

Your mum is also welcome to come and chat on this thread if you or her need any help with your bunny.

Your bunny is beautiful. I can't tell if she has rex fur though. Does she have curly whiskers?

Does she have a sandy colour where the black and the white meet?

Wow. 10? I knew you were young, but didn't know you were that young. You come across as much more mature than your age :)

Your mum is also welcome to come and chat on this thread if you or her need any help with your bunny.

Your bunny is beautiful. I can't tell if she has rex fur though. Does she have curly whiskers?

Does she have a sandy colour where the black and the white meet?

She has a sandy colour when black and white meet and if u mean by curly kind of bent then yes she does and when u said i come across as a more mature person everyone says that apart from my parents cause they know the evil side of me muhamuhamuha:evil: lol :lol:

She has a sandy colour when black and white meet and if u mean by curly kind of bent then yes she does and when u said i come across as a more mature person everyone says that apart from my parents cause they know the evil side of me muhamuhamuha:evil: lol :lol:

*sniggers* Lucky Parents. :lol: :thumb:

From what you have said she sounds like a black otter marked rex. :) Her weight will make it clearer as to whether she is closer to a standard rex or a mini rex.

*sniggers* Lucky Parents. :lol: :thumb:

From what you have said she sounds like a black otter marked rex. :) Her weight will make it clearer as to whether she is closer to a standard rex or a mini rex.

She is defiently a stndard rex but also a cross beetween a silver fox aswell she weighs 4.48kg :lol: lol defiently not mini

She is defiently a stndard rex but also a cross beetween a silver fox aswell she weighs 4.48kg :lol: lol defiently not mini

She's a big girl!

Have you met her parents? Is that how you know she is a rex crossed with a silver fox? Is it a rabbit with a silver fox marking or the silver fox breed (which is exceptionally rare)? You've intrigued me. :lol: I'm not trying to cross question you, I'm just very, very nosey.

Whatever she is, she is beautiful.

She's a big girl!

Have you met her parents? Is that how you know she is a rex crossed with a silver fox? Is it a rabbit with a silver fox marking or the silver fox breed (which is exceptionally rare)? You've intrigued me. :lol: I'm not trying to cross question you, I'm just very, very nosey.

Whatever she is, she is beautiful.

I haven't met her parents but i got her from an animal farm and they had bred her so they knew. I got her on 31st October 2010 and my dad keeps on saying she was made evil on the night of halloween :evil: lol :lol:.
What do you mean by the silver fox marking and the silver fox breed are they diffrent?

Update

Liquorice is still very slow and won't drink but when we hold the bottle infront of her mouth she drinks loads! She eats basil but no dried food and the vet said the operation took longer because she was fat.:lol::lol::lol:. Now her foo dish is full to the brim but she won't eat any :?.

Tasty dandelions?? Some carrot tops, coriander?? Something light and tempting.Much better than a bowlful of nuggets when youre feeling rough.:wave:

Tasty dandelions?? Some carrot tops, coriander?? Something light and tempting.Much better than a bowlful of nuggets when youre feeling rough.:wave:

I'll give her some mint and dandelions. Her stitches are huge i wish i could get pic but i lost my camera!:(

Back