• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dora is not a well bunny/She has gone p130/ PM results p137

Hahaha, well seeing as you put it like that...... I'll stick with my 2! :lol:

I thought you might!

Really worried about Dora, she is rocking with her eyes shut and her head held high at the moment and yet nothing has changed for her in the past few hours to cause her any stress :?:(

Dora is no better on the frusemide. Juliet is still trying tp get hold of the **** vets to see what meds we should try next :(

Frusemide is a heart med right?

Could you try something like an inhaler to open her airways? Maybe in a nebuliser?

Frusemide is a heart med right?

Could you try something like an inhaler to open her airways? Maybe in a nebuliser?

Frusemide is a diuretic so would remove any fluid on her lungs that might be there. We are still waiting to hear back from the **** vets as to which heart med to give her :wave:

I am sorry that it's turned out to be her heart. You obviously have a great and very open vet which is magic and will hopefully help a lot.

Dora is no better on the frusemide. Juliet is still trying tp get hold of the **** vets to see what meds we should try next :(

It took us a couple of weeks of treatment to see a difference on the furosemide, I did the same thing as you and worried when I didn't see a difference straight away but it does take time. Oidhche was on Enalapril as well and then Pimobendan (Vetmedin) after consult with the D!ck vet.

If you end up trying the Vetmedin I have some here I could send you from Oidhche, I don't think we even used any out of this bottle. It's in date until September. It cost us about £40 so would save you some pennies? I would have to be a cheeky cow and ask for postage though as I have absolutely no money at all (a friend has been bringing me food) and couldn't actually send it to you otherwise. :oops: I'm really sorry to sound so stingy if I had the money I would just post it. :oops:

I am sorry that it's turned out to be her heart. You obviously have a great and very open vet which is magic and will hopefully help a lot.

It took us a couple of weeks of treatment to see a difference on the furosemide, I did the same thing as you and worried when I didn't see a difference straight away but it does take time. Oidhche was on Enalapril as well and then Pimobendan (Vetmedin) after consult with the D!ck vet.

If you end up trying the Vetmedin I have some here I could send you from Oidhche, I don't think we even used any out of this bottle. It's in date until September. It cost us about £40 so would save you some pennies? I would have to be a cheeky cow and ask for postage though as I have absolutely no money at all (a friend has been bringing me food) and couldn't actually send it to you otherwise. :oops: I'm really sorry to sound so stingy if I had the money I would just post it. :oops:

Of course I would pay for postage and the rest! :wave: Thank you so much for the offer.

Yes it is the pimobendan we are waiting for news on. It was the vet who specified that she wanted an update on the frusemide after 4 days :)

I have the vetmedin, now tell me how I get it into her :shock: Any suggestions very welcome. Nothing i have tried has worked so far :(

Ooft! That is a hard one then......

Maybe crushed down then put into something?

Yep. I crushed it and mixed it with liquid/hid in apricot/mushed in banana/folded in spring greens.

Half the time they didn't work either, and we just had to sit her down and poke it in the side of her mouth. :?

Have fun! ;)

Yep. I crushed it and mixed it with liquid/hid in apricot/mushed in banana/folded in spring greens.

Half the time they didn't work either, and we just had to sit her down and poke it in the side of her mouth. :?

Have fun! ;)

Cheers :roll: :lol:

I maybe after that bottle you were on about as i think i might get through the 7 I have here before I actually get one down her!

Eeeeek, sounds like you're going to have fun! :shock:

Is there a particular food she loves that you could hide it in? That would work with Alfie (who eats without thinking really) but Bubbles would probably know it's been tampered with! :roll::roll:

Eeeeek, sounds like you're going to have fun! :shock:

Is there a particular food she loves that you could hide it in? That would work with Alfie (who eats without thinking really) but Bubbles would probably know it's been tampered with! :roll::roll:

Thats what i have been trying :? But i think I may be trying too hard. I have been trying lots of nice treats like, apple and banana but watching her eat her tea she always wolfs down the carrot first so I may just stick it in that and see what happens. She is obviously a girl of simple taste :love:

:roll::lol:

Is she ok with syringe feeding? You could crush it, mix it with a bit of baby food and syringe it...... :?

Back