• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dora is not a well bunny/She has gone p130/ PM results p137

We had Badger on oral (tablet form) steroid. He could have it up to three times a day and it was amazing. Kept him going for a further 10 months before his liver started to fail. Not sure if that helps, but I just wanted to mention it just in case it did.

We had Badger on oral (tablet form) steroid. He could have it up to three times a day and it was amazing. Kept him going for a further 10 months before his liver started to fail. Not sure if that helps, but I just wanted to mention it just in case it did.

Thanks , i will have to see which steroid it is. the injection she had 10 days ago did her no good at all, but this is a different one.

I really hope she is going to be Ok tonight as she is developing a head tilt right now. I can't take her to the emergency vet as i have no idea what injection she is being given in the morning :(

Thanks , i will have to see which steroid it is. the injection she had 10 days ago did her no good at all, but this is a different one.

I really hope she is going to be Ok tonight as she is developing a head tilt right now. I can't take her to the emergency vet as i have no idea what injection she is being given in the morning :(

It was called Prednicare. We did it knowing we had nothing else to try.

Poor girlie. Would the emergency vet be able to access her records from today? is she covered by antibiotics whilst on the steroid?

It was called Prednicare. We did it knowing we had nothing else to try.

Poor girlie. Would the emergency vet be able to access her records from today? is she covered by antibiotics whilst on the steroid?

No they can't unfortunately :(

Been up with Dora most of the night and she is a very poorly girl. I think she may even have had a stroke around 4am this morning :? :( Strangely her breathing has improved but she is very ill in herself now.

Leaving for the vets in 5 minutes

Thanks Ali, she has gone to the bridge now :cry::cry:

The vet we saw thinks give her symptoms overnight that she may well have had a tumour in her brain in the area that affected her breathing. If this is the case then there is no way we could have treated it :(

We are having a PM done which can check out her heart and lungs to see if there was anything wrong there. If there wasn't then we can assume that it was a brain tumour but obviously we can't have her brain looked at during a basic PM.

While I am totally gutted about the whole thing and will miss her terribly I am glad she is no longer struggling.

She arrived here such a terrified bunny just a few months ago, but within a week or two she became the most friendliest girl. She never complained and took all her liquid meds straight from the syringe without fail, even large doses of baytril. She really was a favourite with us and I shall miss her little white nose twitching at me every time I sit at the computer :cry::cry:

I am so sorry you are experiencing so much sadness.:(

We had a little Rex with congenital heart disease and I can't think of anything more distressing than seeing them struggle for every breath. Dora is not suffering any more and knew total care in the final part of her life.

Binky free Dora.

I am so sorry Liz. You were a safe haven for her and she got to know how it felt to be loved and feel safe. You do an incredible job even though the heartbreak is crippling at times like this.:cry::cry:

PM results - There was nothing we could have done :( Her heart, lungs and guts were extremely healthy. In fact the vet commented on how healthy she was compared with much younger rabbits that they have done pm's on!

However her lymph nodes in her neck were extremely enlarged and could well have been pressing on her wind pipe.

Given that nothing else was found in the PM, the symptoms she developed over night and her strange breathing pattern the vet concluded that she had a lesion in her brain of some description and this had caused the enlarged lymph nodes :(:(

I am glad we finally have some answers, just wish there was something we could have done for her :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear about Dora. My gosh, you need some (((((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))

Bless her...she's at the Bridge and restored, and no doubt watching over you with love.

Back