• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dora is not a well bunny/She has gone p130/ PM results p137

Oh, I also meant to say - if you would like some chamomile tea I'll happily post you some down, it would save you buying a whole box if you'd like to try it!

OOh with everything that happened with Valerie I completely forgot about the chamomile tea :oops: Its fine i will buy some tomorrow and send any left overs to my mum. Thank you though. :D

You can tell me what to do with it though as I have a phobia of tea bags:oops: so never normally touch the things!

Got the lab results back and I am so disappointed. They just showed that Dora's low white count was due to the enormous stress her body is under, so it is a result of her breathing problems not a cause :(

I haven't spoken to Juliet in person she had left a message on my machine while I was in the garden and is now consulting but I can speak to her tomorrow. In the mean time Dora is now on frusemide and we will discuss other heart meds tomorrow.

I am really worrying about what we are going to do if the heart meds don't work, because with no cause/treatment I can't make her more comfortable :cry:

I'm sorry you are not much further forward. :(

Chamomile tea smells a bit gross - I'd make it a job for Steve. ;)

Vibes for the lovely Dora. xx

I was thinking of Dora this afternoon and wondering how she was; sorry the lab results didn't point to a cause but I hope the heart meds help. xx

Thanks Karen, I am feeling very disappointed and concerned but am hoping when I speak with Juliet tomorrow we can come up with a few plans on how we can help her

Adding ((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))) for the lovely Dora.
For awhile my vet and I were concerned that Mimzy might have a thymoma due to his habit of propping his head up on his litterbox...plus his breathing is noisy in general. But he has been through the xrays and sonograms and there is nothing remarkable going on in his chest. Consequently he recently went on a month's worth of baytril for nasal discharge and eye trouble and he stopped napping with his head propped up. So now we're leaning towards inner ear trouble or pasturella. His bloods showed white blood cell abnormalities too but I can't recall if they were low or high. :(
I really hope Dora feels better and that you get answers soon.

You'll be on the phone now then Liz! :lol:

Yes I was and Juliet was being elusive so I spoke to her at 4pm instead.

Had a good long chat - as she explained in her message the low white blood count was stress induced and we have no cause for her breathing problems. However Juliet feels there may well be some fluid in Dora's lungs that didn't show up on x-ray and through a process of elimination she does have a heart problem. For the fluid to show up in x-ray they have to be able to control when they take the x-ray in time with her breathing to get the best possible view. However as Dora was conscious and breathing at a ridiculous rate that was impossible.

So plan of action is to carry on with the frusemide over the weekend and report back to her on Monday, she doesn't want to see her as the vet trip makes her too poorly. If there is little improvement she said she would prescribe fortekor, but I mentioned vetmedin. Juliet said it is an excellent heart med but has never used it on rabbits so would need to consult with the makers, so i told her that the D1ck School had recommended it and she is going to give them a call and have a chat with them, which I am very pleased about :D

While we were on the phone she also told me that the dual vaccine is now up and running at a price of £32 for which I will get a 15% discount, so i am pretty pleased with that. she did ask if any of our buns had recovered from Myxi in the past as they would need two injections the first time round to be covered ( which thankfully we haven't). I asked just out of interest about the effectiveness of the VHD on previously vaccinated bunnies and she said it had now been addressed by increasing the VHD part of it :D I had no concerns regarding the VHD cover but was just curious to what she thought.

So I am going to start booking some buns in for the dual vaccine, and others will have it later in the year and a single myxi now as some are due their VHD in December :D

I hope the meds work for Dora, it's reassuring that Juliet is willing to look into other possible meds too if necessary. :D

Your jabs are going to be cheaper than mine. :( :p

I hope the meds work for Dora, it's reassuring that Juliet is willing to look into other possible meds too if necessary. :D

Your jabs are going to be cheaper than mine. :( :p

thanks for replying Karen :wave:

She was quite excited to think vetmedin could be used on bunnies as she thinks it is a great drug :D

Well if you like I will pay a bit extra for your 2 and you can pay a cheaper price for my 30 ;)

Back