• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dora is not a well bunny/She has gone p130/ PM results p137

Healing vibes for Dora and Heather ((((((((((((((vibes)))))))))))))) I'm sorry to hear they're not doing as well as hoped.
So many poorly bunnies all at once...it's simply heartbreaking. :(

Thank you x

As i type Dora is laying fully flopped out on the floor with her back legs out behind her, yet her head is up in the air and her mouth is partially open :? :(

Last edited:
Oh Liz, what a nightmare! Will send some vibes your way and watch for updates. Take care of you too when you get the chance.

Oh Liz, what a nightmare! Will send some vibes your way and watch for updates. Take care of you too when you get the chance.

Thanks Ali, must admit the bunnies have been causing me a lot of stress these past few weeks. They are going through a really bad time and it is now making me feel poorly too :(

Thinking of yourself and Dora (I think about her a lot, just don't post very much!)

We used the short acting steroid on Oidhche and it made a massive, massive difference, but only for the one day and she went downhill the day after. But by that point she had been sick for many months and her body was just shutting down. Hopefully Dora will get on better as it's earlier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Again, if you need the meds please just shout.

Thinking of yourself and Dora (I think about her a lot, just don't post very much!)

We used the short acting steroid on Oidhche and it made a massive, massive difference, but only for the one day and she went downhill the day after. But by that point she had been sick for many months and her body was just shutting down. Hopefully Dora will get on better as it's earlier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Again, if you need the meds please just shout.

Nothing is working at all :( The steroid did nothing. We have stopped all her heart meds now and is now having meds to rule out an allergy but again she is still the same.

Its a complete mystery as to what is happening to her and very upsetting that we can't find anything to help her :cry::cry:

Thanks for thinking of her x

Dora breathing is deteriorating even though she still seems 'well' in herself if that makes sense :(

We have discussed the asthma/salbutamol idea and Juliet can find nothing about giving this to rabbits and doesn;t want to risk it so instead we are trying another steroid injection in the morning that will open up her airways and really do the same thing as the salbutamol would. She is currently looking into doses for a steroid syrup we can give her at home.

We have decided that if this doesn't work then Dora's quality of life is not what it needs to be, so we really need this to work :(

Poor Dora! I'm sorry to hear she is so poorly. :(
Sending speedy and complete healing vibes for her. I really hope the steroids help her. ((((((((((((((Dora))))))))))))

Huge ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) for you. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Dora breathing is deteriorating even though she still seems 'well' in herself if that makes sense :(

We have discussed the asthma/salbutamol idea and Juliet can find nothing about giving this to rabbits and doesn;t want to risk it so instead we are trying another steroid injection in the morning that will open up her airways and really do the same thing as the salbutamol would. She is currently looking into doses for a steroid syrup we can give her at home.

We have decided that if this doesn't work then Dora's quality of life is not what it needs to be, so we really need this to work :(

It does make sense. Oidhche was the same.

Do you mind if I ask what lines you're thinking along now? I've been looking up little bits on salbutamol in rabbits today for you in case it's useful, but I don't know if it's completely irrelevant. I have access to a lot of pay-for papers through my uni account so have been going through them.

I'm really sorry you're not getting anywhere with her :( But you guys know what you're doing so I will keep my fingers crossed for her xx

It does make sense. Oidhche was the same.

Do you mind if I ask what lines you're thinking along now? I've been looking up little bits on salbutamol in rabbits today for you in case it's useful, but I don't know if it's completely irrelevant. I have access to a lot of pay-for papers through my uni account so have been going through them.

I'm really sorry you're not getting anywhere with her :( But you guys know what you're doing so I will keep my fingers crossed for her xx

The steroid she will get tomorrow I have been told will open up any airways if the is inflammation etc in the same way salbutamol would :?

We have treated her heart and lungs with no effect so we are working on her airways being restricted now. Piriton hasn't worked so now we are looking at some sort of asthma type illness :?

If we can't fix her airways there is nothing left to try :(

Thank you again for thinking of her x

The steroid she will get tomorrow I have been told will open up any airways if the is inflammation etc in the same way salbutamol would :?

We have treated her heart and lungs with no effect so we are working on her airways being restricted now. Piriton hasn't worked so now we are looking at some sort of asthma type illness :?

If we can't fix her airways there is nothing left to try :(

Thank you again for thinking of her x

Sorry, I didn't read that last post properly :oops: I thought you meant without the salbutamol you were stuck. Apologies.

All I can do is keep sending vibes for the wee lass. And big *hugs* to you.

Sorry, I didn't read that last post properly :oops: I thought you meant without the salbutamol you were stuck. Apologies.

All I can do is keep sending vibes for the wee lass. And big *hugs* to you.

I probably didn't write it very clearly my brain is mush. Thank you for the vibes xx

Back