• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrific photos of cruelty u/d photos page 7!

omg thats really hurt me, how could the so called owners let it get that far? its awful. :cry: :cry: :cry:

loads of vibes, is there anything anyone can do to help?

Hello well what an improvement all the buns are making. They are terribly shy still but they know they're safe so have really relaxed.

This gorgeous bun is the one that had the awful long nails, such a sweetie:
Picture038.jpg

and this sweetie is the one that had the awful long teeth and the dirty bum:
Picture003.jpg

All nails have been clipped and the teeth on all have been cut down but the lovely lop needs to have hers removed. The others are really shy so I didn't want to upset them by taking photos.

The Ratties are doing really well too (they smell funny don't they). They are all young ones apart from the two parents. Here's some photos of them, thanks to the lovely people on here we are starting to find forever homes for the ratties :D:

Picture013.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Finally I had to share this lovely lot with you:
The babies are looking to the two lovely giants lops as surrogate parents, they all get on so well :love:
Picture019.jpg

Picture016.jpg

The Mum is busy with these little loves :love: the mum is huge and the Dad is a Netherland Dwarf :shock: :lol: They are gorgeous:

Picture031.jpg

Just to let you know, rats don't really need a high fibre diet so won't really eat rabbit pellets. It's also not really advised to put hay in as bedding, there's a post on here about a rat who got a hay seed stuck in its eye, and there are stories of little animals getting poked in the eye with short hay strands too
Very gorgeous looking ratties though :love:

Hi if it helps i could take some male ratties but i think i'm to far away i'm in nottingham :)

Just to let you know, rats don't really need a high fibre diet so won't really eat rabbit pellets. It's also not really advised to put hay in as bedding, there's a post on here about a rat who got a hay seed stuck in its eye, and there are stories of little animals getting poked in the eye with short hay strands too
Very gorgeous looking ratties though :love:

Thank you, they came with no food so Caroline has had to improvise but fresh proper rat food is being delivered in the morning. Its ready grass that they are one because it was the softest thing we had. Points taken on board though and I'll text Caroline :D

Also (not meaning to nit-pick, honest!) rats shouldn't be kept on shavings - irritates their sensitive respiratory systems. If Caroline doesn't have anything else then shredded paper or newspaper will be fine :)

Also (not meaning to nit-pick, honest!) rats shouldn't be kept on shavings - irritates their sensitive respiratory systems. If Caroline doesn't have anything else then shredded paper or newspaper will be fine :)

Cool thank you. I think it was all a bit of a rush at first. I have text her and she will put newspaper in in the morning :D

Still waiting for her to give me the phone number of the woman that is co-ordinating the rehoming. I am getting the leads that you have sent my way and forwarding as soon as Caroline sends me the number. I just text so hoping she texts back tonight. Its just been so busy that I don't think she's had the time.

Today it took me 5 hours to clean out 12 hutches, make sure everybun had fresh water and hay. Its amazing how time consuming it all is.

You can pick up toilet roll or kitchen roll in bulk cheaply and that makes good nesting for rats. Just give them a toilet roll and they'll shed it themselves :lol:

Awww look at them, they look like they are managing to relax :) They be so much more comfortable without those horrible long nails and teeth :(

Hello well what an improvement all the buns are making. They are terribly shy still but they know they're safe so have really relaxed.

This gorgeous bun is the one that had the awful long nails, such a sweetie:
Picture038.jpg

]

OMG He ios GORGEOUS :love: :love:
If only :rolleyes:

Kay, is Caroline on the RU Christmas Rescue 2007 list last year? Or the year before?

Further, is she on this list?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/supporters.asp

I would like to donate, but I only donate once a year in Dec., it's now June, so if she was on the 2006 or 2007 RU list, then we have already help her out. If not, I want to know and see what my finance position is this Dec. So let me know

cant believe what a awful state those poor animals were in, well done Caroline you are doing a amazing job they look so happy now.
Sallyx

They look so much happier now!:D The original owner should definitely be prosecuted for neglect - how can he not have noticed!!!! Anyway glad to see they look so much better - well done those involved in the rescue and recuperation of these bunnies and rats.

Sorry I've not been on here past two days - I've caught some bug ahhh

If anyone is interested in providing a forever home could you please phone Vicky on 07873590317.

Thank you everyone.

Sooz that steel dutch is gorgeous :love: he is so shy but on Sunday he ate some pear out of my hand which I felt really honoured about.

Hi Happy Hopping I am not sure about the christmas list but I will look into it.

Thanks everyone :D

Thats so sad.. I was talking to a girl at the vets the other day and she rescused a rabbit as it was being kept in a hamster cage with a cover over it.And was being dropped bits of food once in a while.This rescused rabbit also suffers with her teeth.. poor things hope they get better.

the mum is huge and the Dad is a Netherland Dwarf :shock: :lol: They are gorgeous:

Picture031.jpg

He must have had a footstool handy at the time:lol: and thank god it wasn't the other way around!

Great pics. Lovely to see what some tlc can do.
I really hope these guys get forever homes soon.

Back