• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay 2015 batch

RosemaryG

Warren Scout
Morning

Has anyone had any of the 2015 batch from timothyhay.co.uk? I need to put an order in but worried about the greenness of it.

Their website says "This grass is hard and crunchy, Green/Brown in colour and has long stalks. The hay is very low in dust and fresh. It has a lot of properties which make it a great feed for your animals. Negative points are the increase in brown leaf material over our previous crops and the occasional small clumps of clay picked up from the field during the hay making process."

Anyone had any lately, can you comment?

thanks

We have brought a batch of 2015, it is certainly green/brown and stalky we haven't found any clay.
The bunnies are munching happily on it, although I think they currently prefer the Ings hay (we use two hay racks with different hay)

I was worried mine wouldn't eat it and was still buying the 2013 stuff but I think I've ordered 8 bags now.. ordering another 2 next week and they've been fine with it. It is very different, stalky etc. but they're munching it down like nobodies business so I'm happy :D

i wasn't impressed with it. such a shame as the 2013 was amazing! i was gutted when it ran out! :oops:

i've switched back to the hay4pets timothy+rye at the moment.

Our bunnies are deffo individuals :lol:

Mine dive in when they get an extra bit through the day - even though they get it as standard!

Back