• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taken in 22 rabbits

How awful and sadly will just keep on continuing to happen over and over again as nothing is done to legislate on breeding animals of any species, rabbits of course getting the worst possible deal :evil:

Even stacked on top of each other, how did they all fit?! :shock: Poor buns :cry:

It was possibly an old fashioned breeding block, where its about 4-6 cages high and 3-5 wide. Seen the older generation breeders use them, but usually only one bun per cage, in a space about 3x1x1ft.
I can understand the idea of double or triple layer cages, but these old breeding blocks just aren't fair on the buns. More positive ways to rear show stock, which younger generateions are starting to use. Seen new breeding blocks, and they are usually bigger, 4x1x1ft or 5x1x1ft. Not the best, but at least a bit more room, and usually advice to get a run for them!

I am going to get the pics done today and then they can be added, yes the girls are pregnant, the hutch was a 3ft but it has been broken up along with the hamster cage by the police so she can't put any more in. They all have fight wounds and are so scatty as never being handled so are pretty much a nightmare to hold. They do eat absolutely everything you put in the cage so have deffinately had not much food and water

I am going to get the pics done today and then they can be added, yes the girls are pregnant, the hutch was a 3ft but it has been broken up along with the hamster cage by the police so she can't put any more in. They all have fight wounds and are so scatty as never being handled so are pretty much a nightmare to hold. They do eat absolutely everything you put in the cage so have deffinately had not much food and water

Oh my Goddess. poor creatures! No living thing on earth should suffer so, be it human, bird, fish or mammel! (reptiles/insects also in cluded just doesn't sound right in the sentence...)
Can't wait to see the photos, even if they have been through the wringger, I bet once thay have been handled and fed and treated properly wiht a few vets visits and grooming, they will all be come darlings.
So how many of the Does are pregnant? Do you think you'll have room for them all?

I do hope these buns can recover to enjoy being rabbits...poor little things....well done for being their life-savers! xxxx

Back