• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWF conference 28th February Nottingham

A good day..nice to see everyone..and put new faces to familiar names:D

Sorry couldn't go to the pub..hope all that did enjoyed the evening

Best speaker
Neil Forbes on E. Cuniculi

Best Quote of Day
Janice ARC saying to me "you've not as old as I thought you were!" :lol:

Best Cake of the Day
The chocolate fudge triangles! :D:D

The ARC gang got back at about 21.30 hours. It was lovely to catch up with everyone we knew and also the new faces we hadnt met before including KateB who we discovered in the pub :wave:

and Lilbun..were you there? ( you may be Rachel??:?)

Best Quote of Day
Janice ARC saying to me "you've not as old as I thought you were!" :lol:

There were a number of hilarious quotes from Janice - not least the one to the bloke doing the neurology talk when he said "where's the lady from the NHS, what do you do exactly?" :lol:

And the "I do all the bonding for ARC and I'm not surprised it's not working".

There were a number of hilarious quotes from Janice - not least the one to the bloke doing the neurology talk when he said "where's the lady from the NHS, what do you do exactly?" :lol:

And the "I do all the bonding for ARC and I'm not surprised it's not working".

Yep do think she needs to be a speaker..or at least an official heckler, next year:lol::lol:

I loved the general shaking of heads and tuts of disgust at that poor ladies attempts at bonding..also the crowds "it's normal" sort of very loud group whisper when the lady asked whether her bunny was had a problem... as he "binks":lol:
I did feel most of us there would have perhaps gained more from being in the room next door:?

Yep do think she needs to be a speaker..or at least an official heckler, next year:lol::lol:

I loved the general shaking of heads and tuts of disgust at that poor ladies attempts at bonding..also the crowds "it's normal" sort of very loud group whisper when the lady asked whether her bunny was had a problem... as he "binks":lol:
I did feel most of us there would have perhaps gained more from being in the room next door:?

..........dont s'pose you bought me home a Choc Fudge Triangle did you :?

It does at least go to show that it's not necessarily just preaching to the converted at these events, which has got to be a good thing. Maybe there should be a 30 question test when you arrive to see which lecture room you should go into :lol:

Jane - no fudge triangles left I'm afraid but I did win a MMC egg in the raffle

Had a great time :) Some interesting talks and lovely to see lots of people again :wave: Sorry I couldn't stick around for dinner...I somehow had in my head that it was Thursday we were going for dinner :oops:

I also spoke the the chap chairing and he recommended a good rabbit vet near me :D :D

It does at least go to show that it's not necessarily just preaching to the converted at these events, which has got to be a good thing. Maybe there should be a 30 question test when you arrive to see which lecture room you should go into :lol:

Jane - no fudge triangles left I'm afraid but I did win a MMC egg in the raffle

I think Santa is fixing raffles :? :?

..........dont s'pose you bought me home a Choc Fudge Triangle did you :?

nope but the nice ladies who had a stand with mini chocolate bunnies let me bring quite a few home..should have seen hubbies face when I said I bought back some rabbits:lol:

I also bumped into a vet I know , one who does dentals without GA..and she may join this forum!:D

and yep Alison we were all disappointed in your obvious raffle fixing:lol:

There is only one answer to this - next year you just have to all turn up wearing white coats and stethoscopes. Maybe carry a clipboard too. You'll have no problem getting in the room next door then! :D

I'm glad you all had a good time, I looked at going but was of the same opinion as Jill....I would much rather have been in the vets stream than the owners judging by the speakers and topics listed.

I dare say I'll get the rundown from Anita next week as she and the head vet nurse from my practice both attended, I'm hoping she may have some hand outs from the vet stream for me to read.
*rubs hands together in anticipation*

The ARC gang got back at about 21.30 hours. It was lovely to catch up with everyone we knew and also the new faces we hadnt met before including KateB who we discovered in the pub :wave:

Hello :wave:
And I learnt about spinal injuries by talking to Janice & 'Santa' in the pub!:D

:wave: I had a fabulous time, I soooo enjoyed it and have to say thank you to my wonderful, incomparable rabbit savvy vet here in Gloucester for always being patient enough to give me the benefit of his expertise...without it, I don't believe I would have got as much out of the day. :D I have to say, I am a bit of a Sharon Redrobe fan and I love the way she says "bunnies"!!! :D

Was lovely to put some new faces to old names and to see the lovely ARC girls, Janice and Donna again, and lovely Louise and Alison sitting behind them just to make sure they didn't misbehave!!!!! :lol: They weren't tooooo bad but I should like to see you in my office first thing on Monday, please, about this raffle fixing!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

and Lilbun..were you there? ( you may be Rachel??:?)

Hello :wave: Yes I was there but i'm not Rachael.

I sorry to have completely failed to meet any of you: I don't know what any of you look like and i'm too shy to walk right up to people anyway. I did try to read name badges but the writing on them was tiny and my eyesight isn't great so I was have to stare at people chests from about 2 inches away. I quickly learned that this would get me funny looks! Anyway I did meet some lovely people. Was in too much of a hurry to get home to my buns to look for any of you in the pub! :)

Hello :wave: Yes I was there but i'm not Rachael.

I sorry to have completely failed to meet any of you: I don't know what any of you look like and i'm too shy to walk right up to people anyway. I did try to read name badges but the writing on them was tiny and my eyesight isn't great so I was have to stare at people chests from about 2 inches away. I quickly learned that this would get me funny looks! Anyway I did meet some lovely people. Was in too much of a hurry to get home to my buns to look for any of you in the pub! :)

Aww where abouts were you sat?

Back