• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

River Run - A Shed Build Blog

Wow it looks fabulous, so glad you have got it sorted at last. Your are buns are going to love it, tell them I want an invite to the bunny house warming party ! :lol:

I'm glad to hear you've sorted it all out, disputes like that can disrupt everything, it's good that you've all been able to come to a compromise and everyone's happy, now you can get on with it happily and enjoy finishing it:thumb:

I'm glad you finally have a resolution to this! What a relief. Very excited to see some more progress pics :)

Really pleased you've got it sorted, big stress relief I'm sure! It's looking really, really good and what a project! Should have been on Grand designs, I'd have loved a bunny setup episode!! :)

So glad you have got resolution with the estate lady and it's a compromise that you're all happy with! (Why she couldn't have put this as an option at the start who knows!).

Good luck with the rest of the build and can't wait to see it finished with the happy buns enjoying their new space.

H

Today we began cutting the shed in half! It was partly sad (because it was so big and awesome before) and partly a relief (because we know we can now just get on with it, worry-free).

We are literally just taking a chunk out of the middle of the shed. :shock: We are allowed a 2m long section (which is the rabbit shed) and a 6m long section so we measured it out and just removed what was left. :lol:

The space in the middle will become a nice big run for the boys. :D

The back of the shed showing the section we are removing:
G62ZTvY.jpg

Same view but of the front, the bunny shed is closest to the camera (showing the window and door):
GkQzNGF.jpg

And I also managed to get a 1st coat of brown paint onto one of the white pvc windows in the bunny shed. Looks much better brown!
ReJTZ2o.jpg

Last edited:
can you keep the roof section of where you have cut out? this way it would keep your run dry....

We're not allowed to keep it at that height unfortunately (otherwise we'd be just putting an aviary in there instead of a run) but, yeah, we're keeping the roofing material so we can make a waterproof roof for their run. :D

So, you're having a shorter-height run section, am I reading that right? Regardless, the groundwork's all done and at least you don't have to rip that PITA up! :D Looking much better, all uniform brown!

Almost ready for them to move in!! :D

We spent today putting the finishing touches to the inside of the bunny shed. It's not completely finished yet and there are a few things still to do (they don't have an attached run yet - although the cat flat is already fitted and ready for when they do) but we're keen to get them out of their hutch so they will be moving in tomorrow! :D

Moving in day! :D

Ramp, hay bin and window ledge:
h993J4h.jpg

Love my hay bin! I can get a massive bale of Timothy Hay in there, plus some smaller bags of Meadow Hay and my newspapers - all safely out of bunny reach!
dH85OVD.jpg

They finally get to have their Ikea bed which I've been dying to give them for months!
9Cf4uYj.jpg

The view out their window, they can see the garden, boat and river. They will also get full sun in the mornings, which I'm sure they'll love. :D
0g1n8mH.jpg

Their new water bottle (I'm hoping they like it) and the cat flap that will lead into their connected run (when it's made):
mg5ZRf7.jpg

Cat flap from the outside and future run area:
sALbFwm.jpg

And finally, no swanky bachelor pad is complete without everybuns favourite pin-ups! :lol:
eSHrb5r.jpg

O7OQPyg.jpg

All the excitement turned out to be too much for the boys after moving in and they promptly went to sleep! :lol:
H1ghhcT.jpg

They've since been out and about a bit more. We had a funny situation with Eric not wanting to leave the hay tray. He would run about looking over the edge but not actually get out of it. We knew they could because Ernie was jumping in and out quite happily. We eventually figured out that the black floor was giving him paranoia as he couldn't judge where it was (they have typical REW bad eyesight). Bless him, he looked like a little bun lost at sea. I eventually picked him up and put him on the floor and he was fine after that.

Still to do list:

1. Fit ceiling to the shed (will look better than just the wooden eves)
2. Make a mesh door so they they can have the main door open in summer
3. Make mesh window screens for the same reason (luckily being uPVC windows we can open them slightly and lock them, which is fine for this time of year)
3. Build connected run so they get 24/7 access outside

We're all very happy bunnies here today! :D

Last edited:
Wow that's all fantastic; I asked my brother in law if we could build something similar and he laughed his leg off! I especially love the pin ups; boys will be boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a fabulous set up, I love their colour scheme, a real bachelor pad. They are very lucky bunnies, so glad you managed to sort everything out in the end, my two want to come on holiday :lol:

Back