• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home break-through!!!!

Makes a change for some good P@H press. As you say, it is certainly a start, a move in the right direction.

Still won't be purchasing from their stores, but i think its a good start to encouraging people to realise, a rabbit can't just live in a box!

I echo GrahamL's post ... we all know that bigger is better and a bunny can never have enough space but agree this is a small step in the right direction

I echo GrahamL's post ... we all know that bigger is better and a bunny can never have enough space but agree this is a small step in the right direction

Yep, a small step, but a good step.

Next is education :)

I'd say it's bigger than a small step, considering too small accommodation is one of the most important things that rabbit owners are unaware of.

That's absolutely fab news :D:D:D

Quite a good price too, considering their last 6ft (I think it was 6ft!) hutch was getting on for £200!

If the quality is good enough, my piggies will be getting one of these!

I bought one of their hutches last week in a panic having to seperate my bunnies and have to say it is good quality for the price. I had shot into my local petshop and the hutches were tiny ( bad mark I do not use them as they keep their baby buns in tiny cages for sale) so rushed off to nearest pah about half hour before closing.

I bought one of their hutches last week in a panic having to seperate my bunnies and have to say it is good quality for the price. I had shot into my local petshop and the hutches were tiny ( bad mark I do not use them as they keep their baby buns in tiny cages for sale) so rushed off to nearest pah about half hour before closing.

Mm, I was thinking that they look a good size and price as an emergency hutch purchase where you wouldn't necessarily have enough time to order a happy hutch or something.

Mm, I was thinking that they look a good size and price as an emergency hutch purchase where you wouldn't necessarily have enough time to order a happy hutch or something.

In all honesty, the one I saw up in P@H yesterday seemed as though it looked just as sturdy as a Happy Hutch one. It was almost exactly the same... shiplap sides/back, really solid floor. The run is also made from pretty good mesh.

I quite like them and am now considering whether my new hutch will be a P@H one or a HH... My last emergency hutch was from P@H and we used it eventually as a hide in the shed and it put up with 7 buns for a long time! (they were NEVER locked in there!)

Obviously we'll be extending the run or maybe just going with a hutch and doing a run ourselves... we'll see!

I do think I'd give any hutch/run a good coat of paint though to make sure it lasts! I'd also make alterations like Fluffers has on her HH.

pets at home

PLEEASEEE DONT ENDORSE PETS AT HOME!! Im not sure if your aware of all the protests against them????? i personally have my own awful experience with them,thier incompetence and thier neglect!!! I beg if you are an animal lover boycott boycott boycott!!!Thanks

PLEEASEEE DONT ENDORSE PETS AT HOME!! Im not sure if your aware of all the protests against them????? i personally have my own awful experience with them,thier incompetence and thier neglect!!! I beg if you are an animal lover boycott boycott boycott!!!Thanks

Pets at home, whilst they are not perfect and do have problems, have not only donated a lot of money to the RWAF, but also have obviously taken advice on board. Their adoption scheme, whilst very flawed, also makes rescuing more prevalent in peoples minds and must take some pressure off rescues. They are making improvements, and I think that should be recognised. At the end of the day, pet shops arent going to stop buying rabbits, and people arent going to stop going to pet shops for their rabbits. When it comes to rabbit care, advice and welfare, p@h are the only chain store that I see making big improvements in their housing and advice.

In all honesty, the one I saw up in P@H yesterday seemed as though it looked just as sturdy as a Happy Hutch one. It was almost exactly the same... shiplap sides/back, really solid floor. The run is also made from pretty good mesh.

I quite like them and am now considering whether my new hutch will be a P@H one or a HH... My last emergency hutch was from P@H and we used it eventually as a hide in the shed and it put up with 7 buns for a long time! (they were NEVER locked in there!)

Obviously we'll be extending the run or maybe just going with a hutch and doing a run ourselves... we'll see!

I do think I'd give any hutch/run a good coat of paint though to make sure it lasts! I'd also make alterations like Fluffers has on her HH.

Definitely. I'd get one of these hutches with the run attached to put on the patio, paint it with the wilko pet safe garden colours and use a runaround tunnel to connect it to a bigger (maybe home made) run on the grass. Might consider it over the summer as will hopefully be getting Buckley a hunbun and I think it'd be nice for him to have outside time. And it would be definitely neutral territory!

I went to the one in Colchester today, and they had them there (sorry if someone has already posted), they didn't look too bad a quality. Also fell in love with a black conti as well :cry: I think I am getting bunny broody.

Back