• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vets have left

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I had a couple of very trusted vets and they have all left- and no one informed the clients. I only found out because I called to book an appointment.

It’s terrifying. I can’t express how scary it is to not have anyone I trust around, anymore.

And I just needed to share that with people who also get it.

I had a couple of very trusted vets and they have all left- and no one informed the clients. I only found out because I called to book an appointment.

It’s terrifying. I can’t express how scary it is to not have anyone I trust around, anymore.

Yea I'm in the same position! Sucks doesn't it!

I'm sorry to hear this, Sky-O. 😥

I don't think I've had a vet I really trusted for years. I've wanted to study vet medicine so I can know more about what might be affecting my pets. That way I waste less time putting them through useless treatments.

I hope you will be able to find someone else you can trust to help your pets. xx

Oh no, yep I've had that before too... quite a few times. So sorry it's happened to you too and I hope you can find someone else who you have confidence in.

Graciee, William is in Braintree now... not sure if that's a little too far away to be practical though?

I really miss the Vets where I lived in Scotland, haven't had much need of them down here. I took George for a quick (very expensive) check up, when we first moved down here, he hissed and growled from his carrier as soon as the vet looked at him, let alone try and touch him (which he didn't). I feel sorry for anyone else in this position.

Oh no, yep I've had that before too... quite a few times. So sorry it's happened to you too and I hope you can find someone else who you have confidence in.

Graciee, William is in Braintree now... not sure if that's a little too far away to be practical though?
Oh really, I honestly get a bit tired of following him about but handy to know 😂 what's the vets called? Braintree is like 45 mins away ish with no traffic. Doable I suppose.

Oh really, I honestly get a bit tired of following him about but handy to know 😂 what's the vets called? Braintree is like 45 mins away ish with no traffic. Doable I suppose.
Ikwym! There's no telling how long he'll stay and they might not even be taking on new clients. 🙈

It's Apollo Vets in Black Notley.

Thinking about it, I don't actually think I have ever had a vet I could totally 100% trust. I have had ones that I value a lot more than others though. Probably the best was an exotics vet who moved back to Germany years ago. I was gutted when he left, although he wasn't really very local.

I'm so sorry all the vets you trusted have left, Sky-O, and that you had to find out this way, too. I know how important it is to have a vet you can trust, so I understand that it's so very scary not to have anyone like that right now. :(

Thanks everyone. I’m sorry some of you can relate.

I think part of the trust is them trusting me and knowing I know my stuff and listening to me. If my vets didn’t listen to me, so many of my rabbits wouldn’t have had the life length and quality that they had.

As an aside- sounds like William is closer to me than Graciee 😆

I think part of the trust is them trusting me and knowing I know my stuff and listening to me. If my vets didn’t listen to me, so many of my rabbits wouldn’t have had the life length and quality that they had.

😂 Well he knows his **** and will tell you straight, I'd definitely recommend him 😂

Yes, this is exactly what I like about my current vet - she always listens closely and takes me seriously. Other vets haven't been so interested in listening.

I have been waiting similar situation a few times. I feel completely lost with regard to OOH now. I have just winged it for about 5 years.

It takes a while to establish rapport and trust.

Back