• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

Explanation :lol:

J&B that's lush!!!

I went for a forage after work :thumb:

Lovely long grass, sticky weed, super long dandelions, plantain & baby dock :love:

Does anyone else refer to forage as Nigel Forage :lol:

"Nath, don't lock the car, Nigel is in the boot" :lol:

13177780_10154232992086742_2961096395511672675_n.jpg

13178628_10154232992151742_6838181739475084175_n.jpg

Nigel Forage :lol:

Got 1.7 kilos of plantain today (yes, I weighed it). Could have got so much more had I taken a bigger bag

Got 1.7 kilos of plantain today (yes, I weighed it). Could have got so much more had I taken a bigger bag

I'm impressed :)

I've been out all day today, so the rabbits had to make do with me making a couple of quick tours round the garden early this morning and this evening in between thunder storms to collect stuff for them.

ahh good :thumb: Can bunnies eat the leaves? I'll take the fruit for me. Never had gooseberry but I'm a big fan of rhubarb & they are supposed to be similar:?

I've never fed them, mainly because we don't grow gooseberries (and I've NEVER seen them growin in the wild) , but the Kanin.org website says both leaves and twigs are OK.

Hope you enjoy the fruit.

They look like Ox-eye Daisy to me. I've no idea if they are safe or not. They grow in the garden here and I have never thought to feed them.

I've just looked online and found a website that says it's safe. Also a previous thread here has a post from Rabbit Nutrition , who say it is safe.

hi everyone im back from my hols, some nice forage collected while ive been gone, i have missed foraging as much as the buns i think :lol: im still feeling a little tired so dont know if i will be going today so everyone put some nice pics on they have found so it makes me feel jealous and i will have to go :lol:

hi everyone im back from my hols, some nice forage collected while ive been gone, i have missed foraging as much as the buns i think :lol: im still feeling a little tired so dont know if i will be going today so everyone put some nice pics on they have found so it makes me feel jealous and i will have to go :lol:

Hello, welcome back :wave:

Did you have a lovely time? x

welcome home W&S- hope you had a fab time. I've been indulging in less zen (painting bedroom) activities so no forage to show yet today :(

Back