• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mubby..BOY ? GIRL ? lol

is Mubby a Boy / Girl ? lol

• BOY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GIRL !

• cant tell with those photos!

• Total voters
OK OK!!

i just picked him up and had a feel! lol

i tried to make it poke out but it wouldnt! lol

and erm... i didnt feel any raisins :shock:

i felt about an inch round the pinky bit you see...
( god i have all the terms dont i !! )

and well i coudlnt find anything :shock:
would i easily feel them ??????

or have to really get into his fur!?

im scared now :? i dunno what he is LMAO!!

rooster said:
Can't help with the feeling thing, we just did the sqeezing/pushing and out mr pencil popped. :D

i cant do it...im too scared LOL! :lol:

his little feet shake and well i dont wanna scare my lil hero :D

How old is Mubby now?

Do you have any recent pics, preferably showing the head in profile?

It's sometimes possible to tell the sex of a rabbit by the head shape, if you know what you're looking for :)

Try holding him on your lap upside down, with his head near your chest, his back along your knees, one arm cradling him under his "arms" and see if he will relax. It is a very good idea to accustom a rabbit to be held this way, as it helps with grooming, any cleaning, nail trimming etc or a veterinary examination if one is ever needed.

And sexing, too.... you will have one hand free to do all the poking and prodding!

Beside the lump with all the furry bits & the tail on it, you should have two bare pink places, one each side. This is normal for both bucks & does, and if you ever probe deeper under the "furry lump" you'll find the scent glands (which sometimes need cleaning!).

In boys, this is where the testicles are... and they are unmistakable, believe me.... like two naked long organs ("peanuts" is a good term Tam! but think of size & shape of a peanut still in its shell).

At certain times of the year boys can withdraw their peanuts into the abdomen, so sometimes they are harder to see, but some loose pink scrotal skin (the empty sacs) should still be there.

A lot depends on his age - the testes take time to drop, my 12 week young Dutch boy still hasn't got his but I could find the scrotal sacs. And in very rare occurences, they never drop!

We'll get to the bottom of this eventually.... excuse the excruciating pun! :lol:

Pendragon said:
How old is Mubby now?

mubby is now 4 and half months :D

Do you have any recent pics, preferably showing the head in profile?

It's sometimes possible to tell the sex of a rabbit by the head shape, if you know what you're looking for :)

ooh i have some taken today... :D
( is profile side on ? :? )
muba3.jpg

Try holding him on your lap upside down, with his head near your chest, his back along your knees, one arm cradling him under his "arms" and see if he will relax. It is a very good idea to accustom a rabbit to be held this way, as it helps with grooming, any cleaning, nail trimming etc or a veterinary examination if one is ever needed.

And sexing, too.... you will have one hand free to do all the poking and prodding!

Beside the lump with all the furry bits & the tail on it, you should have two bare pink places, one each side. This is normal for both bucks & does, and if you ever probe deeper under the "furry lump" you'll find the scent glands (which sometimes need cleaning!).

In boys, this is where the testicles are... and they are unmistakable, believe me.... like two naked long organs ("peanuts" is a good term Tam! but think of size & shape of a peanut still in its shell).

At certain times of the year boys can withdraw their peanuts into the abdomen, so sometimes they are harder to see, but some loose pink scrotal skin (the empty sacs) should still be there.

A lot depends on his age - the testes take time to drop, my 12 week young Dutch boy still hasn't got his but I could find the scrotal sacs. And in very rare occurences, they never drop!

We'll get to the bottom of this eventually.... excuse the excruciating pun! :lol:

oooh great info!! i know exactly what to look for now!! thanx! :D
hahaha!!

i will have another look , i ust dont wanna scare my baby...
from never being on his back to being there 3 times today i think ill let him off for the rest of the evenin! :D
have to say he was very good about all my prodding! :lol:

d'ya wanna know what we did with Starsky??

TOOK HIM TO THE VETS!! lol, sounds stupid but they made him relaxed and said he was a boy...definately..hehehe

i will take him to the vets soon , to get his little op...

and to be honest i dont care if he is a boy or girl , hes my one and only flufy and i love him to bits ! but yeah it would be good to know for sure! lol :lol:

Well what fun! :lol:
I know my bunny is a boy.. he has definite BALLS i can see them easily. Just had a look to see if his thingy comes out.. omg.. cant believe i did that hahah.. but i cant make it do it. cant find the right bit to press i guess. But when i looked at his balls.. one is hoooooge and one is all shrivelled up. is that normal????
Chris

hahaa :D

I intend having another look today!! :D
im determined to get to the bottom of this BOOM BOOM!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

but hes sleeping just now..ill wait til he wakes his sleepy little head off my slipper! :lol:

Back