• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly is really poorly - better now

:cry:

Personally I would not do any more feeds. It sounds as though she *might* have an obstruction and whatever goes in by mouth, apart from water, will just make matters worse.

Sending millions of vibes for her, I hope the Vet will run some diagnostics to find out what is wrong xx

AAAW - just given Molly some more recovery food:( She is taking it a lot easier now but I think that is probably because I have got the hang of it a bit better.

Will ask the vet about a possible obstruction. Molly isn't poo'ing or urinating so that would make sense.

We have just had a huge cuddle and I told her that she was being sent vibes by lots of people. I think she understood. She is back on the cat bed under her blankie now and will be going to the vet shortly.

I've got to go to work then but know I will be totally useless. I can't do anything for Molly once she is at the vet though and my Manager is on leave this week so I can't really not go in. I won't do bus work with clients today so I am free to dash to the vet if I need to.

Please keep the vibes coming.

Molly is a lovely, white, uppy eared, gentle bun. She was at the rescue where I volunteered and had just had a litter. She wanted fusses even when her babies were tiny and I fell in love with her and when her babies were old enough I adopted her and two of her daughters. She 'mothered' Sue when I bonded the four recently and is a real sweet, loving bun. Seeing her so lifeless and not being able to help is so painful but I am trying really hard not to let her see me upset.

Oh gosh, I've just seen this - sending little Molly all the vibes I have!

I hope the vet can help her, she sounds like a very special bunny xx

AAAW - just given Molly some more recovery food:( She is taking it a lot easier now but I think that is probably because I have got the hang of it a bit better.

Will ask the vet about a possible obstruction. Molly isn't poo'ing or urinating so that would make sense.

We have just had a huge cuddle and I told her that she was being sent vibes by lots of people. I think she understood. She is back on the cat bed under her blankie now and will be going to the vet shortly.

I've got to go to work then but know I will be totally useless. I can't do anything for Molly once she is at the vet though and my Manager is on leave this week so I can't really not go in. I won't do bus work with clients today so I am free to dash to the vet if I need to.

Please keep the vibes coming.

Molly is a lovely, white, uppy eared, gentle bun. She was at the rescue where I volunteered and had just had a litter. She wanted fusses even when her babies were tiny and I fell in love with her and when her babies were old enough I adopted her and two of her daughters. She 'mothered' Sue when I bonded the four recently and is a real sweet, loving bun. Seeing her so lifeless and not being able to help is so painful but I am trying really hard not to let her see me upset.

I'm sorry Molly is so poorly. It is REALLY important that the vet gives her two things primarily. FLUIDS (either sub-cut or IV) AND PAIN RELIEF as an opiate or NSAID, ideally no more steroid as this is really a last resort med for very poorly bunnies. Xrays to check for obstructions can be done in most cases without a GA. Lots of vibes xx

oh Karen .. im so sorry . I hope Molly gets better . :(

has your vet given metaclopromide (gut stimulant) . ? and pain killers ?

My Molly sends lots of love and get well vibes to your poorly Molly.
I have told my Molly about poorly Molly and sends her best to a fellow Molly:love::love:

Just got back from the vet.

Molly was dehydrated so he gave subcut fluids while I was stroking her. Her temp has increased but she has lost weight since yesterday. He gave her metacam after I asked him to. He was going to send her home with some critical care for me to feed after I said I could take the day off work but I said I was concerned she had an obstruction and I was just making things worst by syringe feeding her.

He gave her an X-ray and showed me. There is something abnormal there but he isn't sure what it is. It could be a fur ball but it could also be a tumour as apparently both show up as white. She has nothing in her bowel or bladder:(

I had to leave her there while he does his consults and then he will open her up to find out what the obstruction is. She is continuing to have subcut fluids. I hated leaving her but I didn't have any choice.

I am just hoping that the obstruction is something that can be removed and she will be OK.

I managed to hold it together at the vet and picked Peggy's ashes up while I was there. When I got home I opened the box and inside was another box - nothing wooden or pretty like I am used to - just an ordinary maroon box. I was expecting to find a box inside this but it was just the ashes in a see through bag. I just cried and cried. It was so stark seeing my beloved Peggy like that.

In hindsight it was a really stupid thing to do - I should have left the box until later.

Molly was so good at the vet. I was rubbing her nose with mine and talking to her, telling her what a brave bun she was being.

The vet will 'phone me when he knows what he is dealing with. I am going to go to work as I have things I need to do today.

Please continue with the vibes for my Molly bun.

And a huge thank you to Bluesmum for her support and help. xxxxxx

Loads of vibes Rhianna for Molly. I hadn't posted up until now as i kept trying to think of what to say, but i dont have anything to add, so just want to send vibes for her.

Thank you for the vibes.

I have given up trying to work. Did write up some notes but don't think they made any sense so have come home. I am running some training tomorrow morning and haven't even started preparing it either:(

All I can think about is my poor bun. I feel totally helpless:(

Sorry you are having such a worrying time with Molly, and the added distress of not finding Peggy's ashes as expected. I can understand your not feeling able to work, but hope you can find something that distracts you a little. How are the furries?

I just couldn't wait until 2.00 pm so 'phoned a little earlier.

Molly had pyometra (sp?) so has been spayed. Now I feel totally guilty. When I rehomed her rescue had no idea how old she was, but she wasn't a young bun and was pregnant when rescued. I did pay to have her spayed, along with her daughters, as part of the adoption fee but the rescue had an outbreak of something infectious and lots of buns died and I was advised not to take them back in (they took the buns to their vet en masse). Then she got myxi and took ages to get over it and since then because of being so unsure of her age I didn't get her done when the others were.

The vet wants to keep her in overnight but isn't there for me to speak to so I am going to call back. I want to ask if she could come home if I nurse her or, if not, if he thinks it would be good for me to take her daughter in to be with her. He knows I work nights so that may be why he wants her kept in. I am not working tonight so could have her home if that's the reason.

My poor baby. I'm now thinking maybe I should take the risk of getting Gemma opened up. I was told she was spayed when I rehomed her from PAH adoption but she still nests so I am wondering if maybe her previous owners weren't honest with PAH. I'd hate the same thing to happen to her - but would also hate her to have an unnecessary op if she has already been done.

I know pyometra is a horrible disease but I am a bit more hopeful now that Molly may get through this. Given that she isn't a young bun, it's a relief she survived the anaesthtic. I so hope Molly can recover. I want to give her loads of cuddles and watch her enjoy the grass and sunshine.

My wonderful friend has agreed to lend me some money.

Thank you all so much for your vibes. If you could continue with them, Molly and I would really appreciate it.

I just want to have her home - but I will leave her at the vet overnight if the vet thinks it is best for her, despite the fact I am not working tonight.

Oh gosh, poor Molly. I hope everything will be ok, sending lots more vibes. Let us know how she gets on.

Is there any other way they can tell if Gemma is spayed I wonder? It would be worth discussing it with the vet to see what your options are. :)

Back