• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Cage & Run - First Attempt. Lots of Pics.

Dippy_Danni

Warren Scout
Been busy working out an indoor cage with run for the bunnies. Hoping to bond some new bunnies with mine soon and this is what we've come up with.

Not all of it is up yet as I need to set this up in our living room and need to create a bit more space, so this is it with just 1 run attached in our small bedroom.

It wont get used until the buns are bonded but I will add the extra panels from the 2nd run when that happens to accommodate more hay boxes and the play tunnel/tent.

So here it is in stages...

1 dog crate, some beams of wood, 1 pack of tongue and groove, some bits and bobs and 1 box as a scale model for the house. Let's go! :D

The shelf placed in position temporarily, looking too plain and desirably chewable - it needs a nice lush fabric to cover it ;)

That's better :mrgreen:

Had some spare ply knocking around so we used that for the house, covered it the same as the shelf, added some cute butterflies and a love heart and here's the end result!

Ignore the floor, this room's just been decorated so not carpeting until the other rooms are finished :p

I knew I kept these for a reason. These bunny curtains are part of a bedding set that I used in the nursery for my 2 girls when they we're babies, they're 25 and 23 this summer! :lol:

I'm planning to sew the 2 curtains together and it is as a floor covering, I may use the duvet case as a cage cover too.

Last edited:
I love what you have done with the dog crate. The levels are fantastic :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Very lucky buns!!!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Wow this is amazing!
Lucky rabbits

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fab:thumb:

I love what you have done with the dog crate. The levels are fantastic :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks All, means a lot :thumb:
I didn't know a thing about Rabbits in July last year, 9 months later I'm designing a complete habitat and have the confidence to take on more buns. I went out and bought what I thought would work and my good friend Richard who I have known over 32 years did all the hard work in putting it all together.

Today I have driven from Birmingham to Bristol to adopt 2 beautiful girls from a rescue, who I really hope can be bonded with my 2 existing buns. ( pics will go up in rabbit chat when they've settled in ;) )

This forum is awesome and reading all of the threads across all the different aspects of a bunny's needs has really inspired me.

Thanks everyone :love:

Back