• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I might be in the paper U/D NEW article uploaded Giant bun

bcdd57ae.jpg

The article reads:

Callous owners dumped giant rabbit by side of the road
Injured bunny is now on the mend

A RABBIT was found with horrific injuries, after its owners cruelly abandoned it in the street.
Christine Thomas took in the French lop after a woman phoned to say she had discovered the creature in a box by the roadside in Porters Avenue, Dagenham.
Christine, 18, who runs a rabbit rescue centre at her home in nearby Reede Road, is currently looking after 28 unwanted bunnies.
She said "It was the worst case of neglect i have ever seen. Her injuies were horrific. Her ears were oozing blood, she was covered in mites and crusty wounds, and there were abscesses on her paws."
The furry newcomer is now on the mend since Christine took it too the Animal Ark Veterinary Clinic in Ilford.
She thinks the owners may have abandoned their pet to avoid paying the cost of having it treated.
She said: "Its cost me £285 in vet bills so far, so maybe they didn't want to fork out the money- especially now there's a credit crunch.
"Or maybe she got too big for them She's huge - about 4ft long."
Christine, who is studying to be an animal assistant, says an increasing number of people have been abandoning their rabbits or handing them over to her during the last couple of months.
"A lot of people will buy one as a present for their child at Easter time, and then when it gets cold around this time of yearthey decide they don't want to go outside and clean the hutch. So they end up giving the animal away."
She said buying a rabbit was too easy and too cheap, and that pet shops needed to give better animal care advice to customers.
Despite its injuries, the rabbit is now looking much happier.
Christine said: "At first she was huddled in the corner of her cage as if she didn't want to be seen. Now she's having a sniff around and seems a lot more content."
To help raise funds to cover the rabbit's vet bills Christine is running a competition to name the bunny.
Each name suggestion costs two pounds.
To adopt one of Christine's rabbits call her: ********** (blanked out for obv reasons!)

bcdd57ae.jpg

The article reads:

Callous owners dumped giant rabbit by side of the road
Injured bunny is now on the mend

To adopt one of Christine's rabbits call her: ********** (blanked out for obv reasons!)
:wave: Well done Christine..... just to say your phone number is clearly visible on the article even though you've blanked it out here.

Bun is humungous :shock::lol:

:wave: Well done Christine..... just to say your phone number is clearly visible on the article even though you've blanked it out here.

Bun is humungous :shock::lol:

Yup... im not the brightest button :oops::roll:

I know, she is huuuuge!!

I look horrendous though!! only had a few hours sleep then!
I was thinking they could of at least airbrushed me!:lol:

:wave: Is that an updated pic in the picture and did they run a previous article showing her horrendous condition? (Or was that deemed too nasty for the general public :( )

:wave: Is that an updated pic in the picture and did they run a previous article showing her horrendous condition? (Or was that deemed too nasty for the general public :( )

I contacted two papers, one took pics while she was at the vet on her bad side, i think this paper wanted a nice "pretty " pic.
You can see the other article on pg 2/3, you can see her face there.

Rather annoyed as both papers made a fuss of me sending them the horrific pics from here on the original thread about her, but havent used them!!

I contacted two papers, one took pics while she was at the vet on her bad side, i think this paper wanted a nice "pretty " pic.
You can see the other article on pg 2/3, you can see her face there.

Rather annoyed as both papers made a fuss of me sending them the horrific pics from here on the original thread about her, but havent used them!!
Oops... just seen the original pic so hopefully peeps will rmember this bun. Well done.

I'm not surprised at the medias censorship but this doens't detract from what a good job you've done here.

I had to try!!

Hopefully it will make people think about their rabbits welfare and people considering rabbits, to get their info right.

Great articles, but er...shes not a french lop!? she doesn't have lop ears? I think shes a conti, doesn't look the right shape to be a frenchie!?

A story like this surely should get some folk thinking twice about getting a bun and what it needs!
Live that she is getting better, the wee media star that she is!!

Great articles. I hope the person who owned the bunny sees them. That is one huuuuge bunny. :)

NOW you can all see why i was throwing a big tantrum about her biting me!!
Like getting bitten by a small dog!!

Hi, I am picking my names and sending in tonights post with cheque! Is it definately a girl? I have seen her referrred to as he, but more recently she. Would like to know sex of bun to better pick names, thanks. So glad to see her looking better now shes been shaved/treated etc. Its amazing how quickly she has responded to treatmen after all those mites and infections! :D

Back