• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help with exercise pen!

breemarie

New Kit
I've recently decided (and earned enough money) to upgrade my bunny from a cage to an exercise pen. I try to let him out every night but I work a lot and sometimes crazy hours and when I get off at midnight I'm too exhausted to stay up with him while he plays, or he chews through my laptop cord and I have to put him away because I'm so frustrated. :censored: My bedroom is carpeted and he is a chewer and a digger. I had to block off any way too get under my bed because he started a bunny project and pulled up a section of carpet, piece by piece (which is unfortunately blocked off by cardboard and he has made it his life mission to get back under the bed). I know from previously living with hardwood floors that he hatessssss slick floors. I would love some suggestions on flooring for my x-pen for my digging, chewing, slick floor hating, sometimes quite annoying but always extremely adorable bunny.
:love:
Thankyou!

Maybe something like a rubber horse stall mat, or commercial type carpet that is really tightly woven and dense, that can't be easily chewed up. As long as he can't get to the edges, they may work.

Hi!

I had the same dilemma with you and been searching around for mats that are easy to clean and non slip. My bun hates non carpetted areas like the bathroom and kitchen so he never steps in there even if u lure him in with treats. :lol:

I'm currently using a rubber dance mat/floor. You can buy it by the metre and cut to the size you want. :) I think it's similar to gym mats. It's non slip and bunnies can hop or run about. I also thought of using children's alphabet mats but my bun's a chewer.

http://instagram-ps.5thvillage.com/p/604508240943901948_1644218/

Last edited:
Back