• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giving up a 7yr old rabbit UPDATE he is here

Awhhh, poor bunny. :(

I just rehomed a seven year old bun from the RSPCA. She was handed in because her husbun died. When the lady at the centre told me, I was like "Whaaaaa??" Why they couldn't of done a nice thing and adopted her a new elderly husbun, I do not know. I suspect after the first one died, they were worried about more vet bills. :roll:

My Sandy Boy is 16, he was brought to me aged 10. his owner had to go back to Australia to be with her terminally ill mother.

He had never been in a hutch and was extremely healthy. She had contacted at least two rescues prior to me and was told that he would have to be PTS because he was un home able.

She found out through her vet that i had a little group of elderly buns and asked if i would take him.

She spent four hours with him on her final day in the country and sobbed buckets:cry:

I am allergic to my nine bunnies, but i would not rehome them ever.

I just cant have a cuddle with them or hold them near my face. (only one of my buns is a snuggly bunnie)

We had Muffin, now known as Mrs Brown living with Liz, handed in at an estimated 8 years old. Why? Because she was originally the childrenspet, they have since grown up and moved out, and they didn't think "it" would live this long. :evil:

I have a potential new home for him already:D I am going to do a homecheck as it is a retired couple who love animals and would love to help my rescue out by adopting a couple of rabbits off me (that is what he said:)). He is going to by a 6x4 shed for them to live in and attach a big run so he says:D

So glad he has a potential new home lined up. I took on a 7 year old blind rabbit that the owners didn't know was blind :( plus an 11 year old that was an absolute dream (she had spent the past 5 years in rescue after her partner died :( ). Oldies rock :love: If I had space, I would take an oldie again in a heartbeat.

So glad he has a potential new home lined up. I took on a 7 year old blind rabbit that the owners didn't know was blind :( plus an 11 year old that was an absolute dream (she had spent the past 5 years in rescue after her partner died :( ). Oldies rock :love: If I had space, I would take an oldie again in a heartbeat.

I did the same. We got him home after he'd had a life in a hutch and he was put into the run. He ran in circles! It took a while to convince our then vet that it wasn't EC (he was tested) and he was blind! The previous owners were completely unaware! He passed away after about 2 years with us aged 8 or 9. :( He was beautiful.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We had a 8 year old bought to us last week with shocking teeth - said they couldn't be bothered with the hassle of him anymore:roll::roll:

At work we have also taken in a 17 year old dog as the owners were moving house - poor thing, I could weep for her:cry::cry:

Some people :evil::evil:

I sneezed several times at work today,does that mean i can give away my 'lovely' work colleagues??? :lol:

I have a potential new home for him already:D I am going to do a homecheck as it is a retired couple who love animals and would love to help my rescue out by adopting a couple of rabbits off me (that is what he said:)). He is going to by a 6x4 shed for them to live in and attach a big run so he says:D

How things can change?
Let us not dwell on the heartless people who are giving up a family member after 7 years .Because they are part of our families.

But celebrate this lovely retired couple who are going to give 2 bunnies some love and a great home (fingers crossed).If does happen please tell them they will have many friends on here .Best of luck:love:

I did the same. We got him home after he'd had a life in a hutch and he was put into the run. He ran in circles! It took a while to convince our then vet that it wasn't EC (he was tested) and he was blind! The previous owners were completely unaware! He passed away after about 2 years with us aged 8 or 9. :( He was beautiful.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Spooky... my Mums' nickname for me was Gert. By the way, yours was a lovely bun.

Well Ron (his name ) is here and he is actually 8yrs old and such a little softy, he loves sitting in your arms for a cuddle. It is the first time I have ever taken in a rabbit that has got a full history of vaccinations from him being 6mths old:D.
His owner came wearing a mask so as not to breathe in any fur, hay oe shavings:roll:

Well Ron (his name ) is here and he is actually 8yrs old and such a little softy, he loves sitting in your arms for a cuddle. It is the first time I have ever taken in a rabbit that has got a full history of vaccinations from him being 6mths old:D.
His owner came wearing a mask so as not to breathe in any fur, hay oe shavings:roll:

awww I love the name ron :love:

cant help :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: at the ower though. :roll:

Back