• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elsa-U/D 10th July RIP- The Last Post

Not too sure, she has gained 200g in weight in 6 days and her nipples are huge............*gulp*

Perhaps she has just been a little bit erm... extra greedy since she's come to live with you and feels more settled. Some of the "meat rabbit" does on the ARC website do seem to have had large litters :shock:

Also if the rabbit's body thinks it's pregnant, as in a pseudo pregnancy, would the hormones that are produced also make the nipples larger? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Perhaps she has just been a little bit erm... extra greedy since she's come to live with you and feels more settled. Some of the "meat rabbit" does on the ARC website do seem to have had large litters :shock:

Also if the rabbit's body thinks it's pregnant, as in a pseudo pregnancy, would the hormones that are produced also make the nipples larger? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Yes, the Doe can also lactate during a Pseudopregnancy. So there is still some hope that I am not about to become a Granny !

my first rabbit a rescue thumper female back in 1997, she wasn't spayed her first litter she built the nest ready and her tetes where huge, after that she never had anymore pregnancies, our boy was neutered, she had phantom ones where she often pulled hair out as out say erratic times
Then when we let them both bond, as male was neutered she never had another phantom again, we never got her speyed as she was quite old for French lop when got her, but she lived a great age

Sorry I haven't been very active on here, Jane, but I have been following your thread and I am keeping my fingers crossed for no bunlets to arrive. (((((((((((Huge hugs and no pregnancy vibes where appropriate))))))))))) xxxxxxx

No babies, I am starting to feel cautiously optimistic that she's having a pseudo'

Does usually go off their food for about 12 hours before kindling and Elsa is certainly NOT off her food !! She never stops eating x

Hope Elsa is still gobbling food. Must be something about white rabbits, Anastasia is the most greedy rabbit I have known.:lol:

Back