• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunnies' Spays

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Had 2 Bunnies spayed today so have had a rather worrying day but both have come back and are recovering. Any spare vibes would be welcome and thank you for the vibes you posted on Twisted Tigger's thread.

Gosh, two tonibun!

Sending loads of healing and eating vibes for both of your girlies. I hope you have an uneventful night with them.

I hope they recover quickly, I'm sending lots of energy for them 🩷🩷🩷

I think it's me that needs the energy but thank you anyway KCG. Thanks everyone - the girls have made it through the night. Candy has done lots of toilet but Missy not too much yet and neither are very hungry. I went down the lane to pick some grass for them and I found a Milk Thistle. I put some Metacam on a treat so hopefully by lunchtime they will feel more like nibbling at something. Candy kept falling over when she came home - she's 3.5 years old. She lost her friend to the Fox and her owners didn't want to get her another friend and asked me if I would have her. I've known Granny for many years. Missy, the other Bunny, was living in an attic and we found harnesses among the things she came with along with bags of treats but no hay! She is only 8 months old. They are both litter trained so that's good.

Topping up the vibes for both Missy and Candy. They both are so lucky to have found you. Sending more eating and pooping vibes, and hope both feel better after taking the Metacam.
Sending you some vibes too.

I'm glad they both made it through the night, though I'm sorry neither are very hungry. I hope they'll start eating better soon, and that Missy will start pooping more. It's so kind of you to give Missy and Candy a lovely home with you. Sending both of them lots of healing vibes. ❤️

Back