• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you Batty for your Bunnies?

My grass is about 2 ft tall in some places at the mo, I just grab a few handfulls along with some other wild treats and give it to them like that. They love it! Am I missing something?!

Our grass is about 1.5inches tall. There's nothing to pull but it's all HM eats now. If you want to send us any of your grass we won't say no :D (as long as it's not been treated in the last few years, obviously)

Our grass is about 1.5inches tall. There's nothing to pull but it's all HM eats now. If you want to send us any of your grass we won't say no :D (as long as it's not been treated in the last few years, obviously)

LOL, you're more than welcome to some! I just gave a load of brambles away the other day, there's no way our two can much through all our grass! Maybe when you next visit All Creatures we could sort something out? Ours love the long grass, I haven't treated it with anything, although we do get cats in our garden if that is a concern. :)

I search the veg isle at the supermarket, like a detective, looking for any reduced price veg or herbs the buns can have. Oh and I steal all the near empty loo rolls in the house for bunny hay stuffing. I think thats about the craziest I do.
I used to let my old bun sleep on my bed, even though she used to wee on the pillows. Every day. The ammount of washing it took was unreal. But it was worth it, just to see her all snuggled up.

Why do some of you cut grass with scissors? Any reasoning behind it? :wave:

I just pull it out. :oops: Sometimes tend to get the root come up as well though. I only ever pull out the long stuff. I expect you know that mowed grass ferments extremely quickly so can cause bloat.

I was going to pull a load out today up the lottie but had been handling slug pellets.

I don't need to go outside with the scissors, my Mum does that! :lol: I am far too lazy, he wouldn't get any grass if it weren't for her :lol:

LOL, you're more than welcome to some! I just gave a load of brambles away the other day, there's no way our two can much through all our grass! Maybe when you next visit All Creatures we could sort something out? Ours love the long grass, I haven't treated it with anything, although we do get cats in our garden if that is a concern. :)

I don't think we'll be coming back, but thank you :)

Ah, so is Autumn doing okay now? I could send some to you but seems a bit daft to pay postage when I would think you could get some from a local park or something?

Why do some of you cut grass with scissors? Any reasoning behind it? :wave:

Bubbles has overgrown tooth roots and will barely eat hay :( but still loves grass. As I can't let her free range unless I'm there to supervise, I give her cut grass every couple of hours instead. :D:D I could probably just pull it but, as I'm feeding it as the main bulk of her diet, I don't want to risk pulling it all up by the roots and ending up with a bare lawn in a month's time. :shock::lol:

Bubbles has overgrown tooth roots and will barely eat hay :( but still loves grass. As I can't let her free range unless I'm there to supervise, I give her cut grass every couple of hours instead. :D:D I could probably just pull it but, as I'm feeding it as the main bulk of her diet, I don't want to risk pulling it all up by the roots and ending up with a bare lawn in a month's time. :shock::lol:

*cough* Yeah, I think I misunderstood the question :oops: Time for bed :lol:

*cough* Yeah, I think I misunderstood the question :oops: Time for bed :lol:

:lol::lol: I'm not sure if I misunderstood actually. :oops: Your answer seemed like a pretty good one, but I thought I'd tackle it from a different angle as well. :thumb::lol:

seeing as the topic of mowing has come up, how many days do you have to leave it after mowing before letting the rabbits out?

seeing as the topic of mowing has come up, how many days do you have to leave it after mowing before letting the rabbits out?

Mine have always been let out the same day - or the following day if the grass has been mowed (mown? :? ) late in the day.

Mine have always been let out the same day - or the following day if the grass has been mowed (mown? :? ) late in the day.
We mowed our lawn for the first time since moving in (nearly 2 years ago) the other day :oops:
I think next time I'll just let the chickens out for a few hours!

I just pull it out. :oops: Sometimes tend to get the root come up as well though. I only ever pull out the long stuff. I expect you know that mowed grass ferments extremely quickly so can cause bloat.

I was going to pull a load out today up the lottie but had been handling slug pellets.

Yeah I knew that, I just wondered why some used scissors :lol: I just rip it out in handfuls, but then of course, my garden grass is almost as tall as me :roll:

We mowed our lawn for the first time since moving in (nearly 2 years ago) the other day :oops:
I think next time I'll just let the chickens out for a few hours!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ours probably won't need cutting much this year, if at all, now I'm feeding more of it to the bunnies. :lol:

Yeah I knew that, I just wondered why some used scissors :lol: I just rip it out in handfuls, but then of course, my garden grass is almost as tall as me :roll:

We use scissors because we don't have a lawn, just random patches of grass growing in pots, and some growing in trays. Pulling it up would just bring all the soil & roots up with it!

Back