• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any bonding vibes to spare - Artie and Esme *Foot thumping, growling - bottled it :(

Awwww, that's a shame. :( It's hard when you don't know what's normal and what's not. You can read up as much as you like on here but of course it's all completely different when it's your own bunnies. (I used the wussy, panicky approach the same as daisylop :oops::oops:)

I'm sorry things didn't go to plan Alison :( Could you see if a rescue near you could bond them for you? At least that way you would have the stress of doing it yourself & hopefully they'd come back loved up ;)

Awwww, that's a shame. :( It's hard when you don't know what's normal and what's not. You can read up as much as you like on here but of course it's all completely different when it's your own bunnies. (I used the wussy, panicky approach the same as daisylop :oops::oops:)

I think I was actually worse because my mum wanted to see the introduction so was there and she put her fear on me. That said it was a good idea to have another pair of hands to pass me the divider when I decided I wanted to separate them.

I can't believe after all that build up I gave up after ten minutes :cry::cry:

sorry to hear it came to nowt. maybe call in 'the professionals' if you don't feel comfortable having another go and letting them sort it out?

i (and others i fear) thought i was a wuss with eric but in all honesty, i stuck it out for him and esme - or maybe their original bond wasn't too bad:? (humping, chasing, stamping, nipping - all that i expected). not looking forward to having another go after their big scrap tho:roll:

It sounds as though it was going fine! I cant blame you for bottling it though, im a nervous wreck when trying to bond. I have got Faye to try mine for me over xmas as I darent try it again here after last time.

:wave: Is stamping alright then experienced bonding people?

That was the reason I stopped because I thought they were getting a bit miffed with each other. If it's normal then everything else seems alright. Looking back I'm not 100% sure if it was growling or buzzing, it really wasn't clearly either.

:wave: Is stamping alright then experienced bonding people?

That was the reason I stopped because I thought they were getting a bit miffed with each other. If it's normal then everything else seems alright. Looking back I'm not 100% sure if it was growling or buzzing, it really wasn't clearly either.

Stamping is fine. They just do it to show dominance. Strawberry does it to me all the time. It shouldnt last long once they have sorted out who is top bun!

I was just about to ask whether it was definitely growling, but looks like you've beaten me to it.

Growling seems unlikely if he was humping at the time...I'd be more inclined to think he was honking, or that the growling was coming from the bun being humped?

Stamping is fine. They just do it to show dominance. Strawberry does it to me all the time. It shouldnt last long once they have sorted out who is top bun!

:roll: I think I was just too on-edge. I'm used to them stamping when they are getting attention such as wanting treats. I really shouldn't have read too much into it. I don't know if I have the courage to try tomorrow but I would still have four days with them .....

I was just about to ask whether it was definitely growling, but looks like you've beaten me to it.

Growling seems unlikely if he was humping at the time...I'd be more inclined to think he was honking, or that the growling was coming from the bun being humped?

The growling wasn't at the same time as the humping. They were next to each other head to tail as if he was working his way out to humping again and I thought she was possibly standing up to him. I'm not too sure who the noise came from. His happy buzzing is very loud and it didn't sound the same as that.

I'm sorry things didn't go to plan Alison :( Could you see if a rescue near you could bond them for you? At least that way you would have the stress of doing it yourself & hopefully they'd come back loved up ;)

Opps, sorry, only just seen this one. It might end up being the solution. So far I'm so attached that I don't like the idea of them going away, out of my care but if I'm too much of a wuss to do the job then it might be the solution.:?

Opps, sorry, only just seen this one. It might end up being the solution. So far I'm so attached that I don't like the idea of them going away, out of my care but if I'm too much of a wuss to do the job then it might be the solution.:?

I know you're really attached to them both - but try to think of it this way - it might be a few days away from you for them to come back all loved up & exactly how you would like them to be together ;)

Last night I had worked myself up to *possibly* trying again today but Esme had left hardly any poo in her tray last night and they were all very small :( She had eaten her pellets, she's eaten spring greens, carrot, various treats. She has recently done some slightly bigger poos and is happily chomping on some green oat hay at the mo :love: I can't say if she was stressed by the bonding session or perhaps stressed that she got separated :? I didn't want to try again and then bottle it again and make things much worse.

I've also wondered if he is so keen to show his dominance if he will be like that every time he returns from the vets. I'm not sure Esme or me could cope with the stress of that. I really wouldn't want them to have a miserable bonded life instead of a happy single one.... but maybe the dominance thing would be over in two hours and never need doing again ?? Who knows?

Anyhow I won't be trying again in the immediate future and I may get somebody with more experience to try at some stage.

Back