• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any bonding vibes to spare - Artie and Esme *Foot thumping, growling - bottled it :(

So, what time's kick off Alison? :D:D

Don't think it can be much before noon. I've loads of preparation to do, silly things like put the bin out (usually tomorrow!), prepare about 6 snacks, bring the kettle upstairs, clean a few fish tanks out, clean Tink & Rudy out and explain to their 'grandma' what their needs are for the next couple of days ... the list is endless :lol: My mum can come round and watch them for the odd five minutes to give me a break and bring me food during daylight but she can't go out when it's dark as she's frightened of falling (80 years) ... so I'm on my own after dark :?

I need to move a load of junk before setting up the bonding pen as well. I think I genuinely need to write a list or I'll forget to take something vital into the bonding room with me. The preparation is nearly as daunting as the bonding itself :roll: I'm even thinking all the details like making sure I have petrol just in case of emergencies :?

Hahah I'll bet they'll instantly flop out with eachother while grooming ;)
Easiest bond ever ;)

I so hope you are right. Artie annoys the hell out of me by nipping my ankles for attention, I hope he doesn't do it to Esme, I wouldn't blame her for getting annoyed.

*tries to think of what Hetty just wrote instead* :lol::lol::lol:

Yay, let's hope Hetty's right. :D:D:D

Oh, and don't forget to use the loo before you start. ;) I'm out this afternoon at the opticians with dd, but hopefully it will all be good news when I get home. :D:D

Yay, let's hope Hetty's right. :D:D:D

Oh, and don't forget to use the loo before you start. ;) I'm out this afternoon at the opticians with dd, but hopefully it will all be good news when I get home. :D:D

Believe me, that one is one I won't forget :oops::oops::lol::lol:

Loads of luck for today, I really hope it goes well and they behave like perfect bunnies for their mummy :wave:

Thank you.

Well, I've got the pen set up, and I've gathered all the equipment. I've decided to go to Tescos to get some supplies in like pot noodle type food (yum, yum) and cereal bars.

I've got to work out how to use the laptop yet as I don't have a clue. Still a fair bit to do but expecting to start about 2pm, current prediction :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::shock: its really happening.. good luck hun :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Thankyou - it's not a rumour this time. Still got a bit to sort out. Rudy just looked like he was doing a food refusal so I thought I'd be rushing him to the vets instead :roll: Turns out he was napping and didn't realise there was food about :lol::lol:

No internet access when bonding commences

Well I shall be starting the bonding in about 20 minutes but I haven't been able to get the laptop connected to the internet :cry::cry: I can't delay any longer messing about (my dad doesn't know how to use it, if I can't work it out I might be able to talk to my brother by phone this evening who will tell me.)

So sadly there may be no updates for a while but things will be commencing :D

I've got onto the forum on the laptop now but I can't log in and I can't get the keyboard to work

I'll update when I can.

Well I shall be starting the bonding in about 20 minutes but I haven't been able to get the laptop connected to the internet :cry::cry: I can't delay any longer messing about (my dad doesn't know how to use it, if I can't work it out I might be able to talk to my brother by phone this evening who will tell me.)

So sadly there may be no updates for a while but things will be commencing :D

Looking forward to the outcome of this .. good luck Bunny Buddy :thumb:

I have 2 Rex's to bond. In fact they are supposed to be bonded but really we are too scared to leave them together alone as there was a bad bite a few weeks back. One Rex has been spayed and basically I'm waiting to the spay the other one (she's been a bit young to do - about 5 months old now). We have them in the lounge to play .. but we have to make sure they don't have contact or there will be bites. Such a nuisance as this has resulted in having to buy an extra hutch. We got the younger one for the older one who is now about 8 months. But so far havn't managed to bond them properly. Then my other two (Lionhead and Lopear both medium size .. and both spayed ... and bonded since babies) .. have lately taken to fighting when I go out to them at night to feed and check their hay and straw for the night. I hate it .. they really get aggro and we have to hold them apart. I can only conclude they are doing this as they are pretty tame and jealous of the other getting any attention. Also if I fiddle with their hay at night .. they growl and go for me with their claws lol .. bit scarey though when they do that :)

It seemed to go okay for about 2 minutes, they wandered round each other, sniffing each other, then Artie started humping her. She didn't move she just let him then they broke and wandered round a bit, he humped her again. Again she was okay. I though great, he's in charge, they've got it over with. Then he started humping her head, she stayed calm but I was worried for his tackle after some stories I've read :shock: They then moved on to a bit of chasing but it included foot thumping from both parties which I was a bit concerned about, there was no real sparring but definitely discontent. Then I could hear growling and he was about to mount her head again. Now this might be normal but I was so worried as I didn't know who was growling and just felt that the mood between them wasn't right. There'd been no physical aggression but I just felt there would be.

So I've bottled it :cry::cry::cry: I really don't think I've the courage to try again but so peed off as I've spent all day making preparations all for 15 minutes before I bottled it :cry: *sigh*

Is there anyone who could try bonding for you? I HATE bonding my own bunnies I'm an absolute wuss and panic at the slightest thing and end up crying :oops: I have waited so long to bond my 3 [a pair and a single] that they've turned into a 4!!

Is there anyone who could try bonding for you? I HATE bonding my own bunnies I'm an absolute wuss and panic at the slightest thing and end up crying :oops: I have waited so long to bond my 3 [a pair and a single] that they've turned into a 4!!

Maybe. I think I'm too much of a wuss to do my own too. To an experienced bonder it may well have been going well, I just didn't dare chance it. To be fair I am very tired today anyway, so didn't feel on top form confidence-wise.

It's just so deflating getting to this stage and then bottling it :roll:

Back