• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help: Bunny fast breathing

[emoji38] he’d heard about scatter feeding [emoji38]
[emoji23][emoji23]

He sat his bum in the plate of wet veggies this morning and I had to towel dry him :rolls eyes:

He bolts if he hears the hairdrier! He has long long fur so it's a nightmare to dry him [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23]

He sat his bum in the plate of wet veggies this morning and I had to towel dry him :rolls eyes:

He bolts if he hears the hairdrier! He has long long fur so it's a nightmare to dry him [emoji58]

:lol: he does sound Mischievous :love:

Yes he is! He has caused mayhem tonight. He dragged his bowl of pellets right through a pile of hay we put down for him in our bedroom. I've been sleeping this evening as not feeling so great. And woke up to hay and pellets strewn all over the floor!! It's such a mess [emoji23][emoji23] xxx

Mischief was just playing fetch with his baby rattle to us! [emoji23][emoji23]
I'd say that was a good sign!xx

[emoji23][emoji23]

What a funny boy. :lol::lol: I'm glad he's doing better. :love:

I just had a call from PDSA. They have his culture results and know what bacterias are causing him problems now.

They have asked us to go in tomorrow at 1pm so they can look in his ears and see how deep the infection is. Then they will know whether to prescribe oral or topical antibiotics. Fingers crossed they will get rid of his infection!

Promising news...Mischief was dashing about this morning at top speed and has been out playing all morning. So really increased activity today [emoji2] xxx

I just had a call from PDSA. They have his culture results and know what bacterias are causing him problems now.

They have asked us to go in tomorrow at 1pm so they can look in his ears and see how deep the infection is. Then they will know whether to prescribe oral or topical antibiotics. Fingers crossed they will get rid of his infection!

Promising news...Mischief was dashing about this morning at top speed and has been out playing all morning. So really increased activity today [emoji2] xxx

Sounds really good news :love:

:thumb:

It all sounds promising. He sounds to be much happier in himself, and the ear infection will hopefully soon be under control as well. I'm so pleased to hear of a positive outcome.

That sounds really good, I'm glad they've got some answers for you.

And it sounds like your boy is doing well getting back to his mischievous self!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I couldn't take Mr Chief to vets as I've got problem with my neck today so I sat here nervously waiting while Phil took him instead!!...

The good news is vet says Mischief's ears look clear and healthy! [emoji3]

He has a slight bronchial sound but his breathing rate seems within normal range as he is stressed being at the vets but not unusually high.

She did say his diet is exceptionally good (thanks to Jane's advice) and apparently the vets kept going on about how beautiful he is and that he is obviously well cared for.

So I would really like to give a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all of you for your helpful advice and kindness and vibes for Mr Chief through this worrying time.

And I would like to say an extra special thank you to Inspector Morse. If it wasn't for your kindness we would probably not be in this happy situation today.

Much love [emoji178][emoji178]

I couldn't take Mr Chief to vets as I've got problem with my neck today so I sat here nervously waiting while Phil took him instead!!...

The good news is vet says Mischief's ears look clear and healthy! [emoji3]

He has a slight bronchial sound but his breathing rate seems within normal range as he is stressed being at the vets but not unusually high.

She did say his diet is exceptionally good (thanks to Jane's advice) and apparently the vets kept going on about how beautiful he is and that he is obviously well cared for.

So I would really like to give a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all of you for your helpful advice and kindness and vibes for Mr Chief through this worrying time.

And I would like to say an extra special thank you to Inspector Morse. If it wasn't for your kindness we would probably not be in this happy situation today.

Much love [emoji178][emoji178]

Without all of your dedicated nursing care Mr Chief would not be doing so well. I am just so happy that his treatment is working :D :love:

Back