• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chief is breathing noisily again!

How could I have missed your photos of your two beautiful bunnies ? They are both so lovely and look very happy 😊❀️
Thank you. Yes they are always happy when we put their meadow hay with rose and plantain in twice a day. They love it. They both really love plantain so probably why πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™πŸ’œ

We should! 🀣

I'm glad he's stopped sneezing. Dried herbs can have lots of tiny bits, yes, so sieving sounds like a really great idea!

Aww, your Max was a piggy, too, like Mischief. That's so funny that Mischief goes around tipping up their food bowls to see if there's something in there. Sounds like he was rewarded with some of Lillabelle's greens! 😁 That's too bad that Lillabelle isn't liking them right now. What kind of greens are they? I think it's mostly kale and stuff that does well in winter?

Well, I did say 'maybe'. 🀣 She often chases Casper away when there's food, so I think she's probably more like Chief and Lillabelle and has food in her #1 spot. 🀣

Those photos of them are so cute! Aww, look at Chief and his hay mountain. Lillabelle does look very dainty compared to Mischief! They're both very adorable. 😍
Yes he is so funny. He also puts a paw out to pull a bowl nearer. He has really little white front paws for his size so looks very cute πŸ’™

When I say greens I mean spring greens. I thought they did well in the colder weather? My OH searches all the supermarkets for their greens but all the spring greens have small leaves at the moment. Usually they are lovely big leaves and a darker green.

Our buns have curly kale, cavolo nero and spring greens every day and also spinach (they have a few leaves once a day). Plus we cut bits off our veggies each day. I am on a really strict diet as just found out I have diabetes. So we are eating 5 veggies in a meal! The buns are loving my diet πŸ˜‚

Aw bless Casper being chased away by Sophie πŸ’™ She sounds like our two! We give them a treat again now and they go mad for their fibresticks. Lillabelle stands up begging and Chief doesn't bother begging anymore. Chief kind of scans the area moving his head left to right so his nose can sniff out a possible dropped treat πŸ˜‚ He has super sniff ability for tracking food!

Lillabelle bit my finger the other day as got over excited waiting for a treat and was an accident. But it drew blood and really hurt. Her teeth caught me a bit like paper cuts. Her teeth must be really sharp. Treat time is a bit chaotic sometimes. We try to give them seperately now but it is hard getting them to seperate once they see a treat coming.

They don't argue over food as such. They eat their dried herbs together with no problems actually. It's just a race who gets the goodies first πŸ˜‚

Aw thank you. Yes Lillabelle is not as chunky as Chief. We actually call him Chunk ☺️ His rib cage is much bigger than Lils plus he has a bigger head and back legs. He is a brute force. We Lillabelle is so sleek and athletic. She is so fast and can jump really high when does binkies πŸ’œπŸ’™

How is Mischichef today?
He is doing really well thank you. Since I have sieved their greens he has not sneezed once. And his eyes are looking better plus the fur under his eyes is starting to grow back. Thank you for asking x

How is little Cookie doing now? xx

Reactions: KCG
Yes he is so funny. He also puts a paw out to pull a bowl nearer. He has really little white front paws for his size so looks very cute πŸ’™

When I say greens I mean spring greens. I thought they did well in the colder weather? My OH searches all the supermarkets for their greens but all the spring greens have small leaves at the moment. Usually they are lovely big leaves and a darker green.

Our buns have curly kale, cavolo nero and spring greens every day and also spinach (they have a few leaves once a day). Plus we cut bits off our veggies each day. I am on a really strict diet as just found out I have diabetes. So we are eating 5 veggies in a meal! The buns are loving my diet πŸ˜‚

Aw bless Casper being chased away by Sophie πŸ’™ She sounds like our two! We give them a treat again now and they go mad for their fibresticks. Lillabelle stands up begging and Chief doesn't bother begging anymore. Chief kind of scans the area moving his head left to right so his nose can sniff out a possible dropped treat πŸ˜‚ He has super sniff ability for tracking food!

Lillabelle bit my finger the other day as got over excited waiting for a treat and was an accident. But it drew blood and really hurt. Her teeth caught me a bit like paper cuts. Her teeth must be really sharp. Treat time is a bit chaotic sometimes. We try to give them seperately now but it is hard getting them to seperate once they see a treat coming.

They don't argue over food as such. They eat their dried herbs together with no problems actually. It's just a race who gets the goodies first πŸ˜‚

Aw thank you. Yes Lillabelle is not as chunky as Chief. We actually call him Chunk ☺️ His rib cage is much bigger than Lils plus he has a bigger head and back legs. He is a brute force. We Lillabelle is so sleek and athletic. She is so fast and can jump really high when does binkies πŸ’œπŸ’™
Aww! That does sound so cute. πŸ₯°

Ooh, spring greens! They don't actually sell those here, so I don't really know anything about them, but you'd think spring greens do best in spring...?

Gosh, 5 veggies in a meal! No wonder the bunnies are loving getting the leftovers of all those veggies! 🀣

Don't feel too bad for Casper; he chases Sophie away just as often when there's food. 😁 They love each other, but when there's food, that's suddenly the most important thing on their minds. 🀣 Sounds like Mischief and Lillabelle are the same, but without the arguing, so I'm glad they behave better than Sophie and Casper! Although it does sound like chaos arrives when it's treat time. 😁 How good of Mischief to be so great at sniffing out food. I'm sorry Lillabelle accidentally bit you, though. I know bunny bites can really hurt! They do have such sharp teeth...

Aww, Chunky Chief. πŸ₯° He does seem very solidly built compared to sleek Lillabelle! It must be awesome to see her binky so high!

He is doing really well thank you. Since I have sieved their greens he has not sneezed once. And his eyes are looking better plus the fur under his eyes is starting to grow back. Thank you for asking x

How is little Cookie doing now? xx
I'm so glad to hear that 🩷🩷 Cookie is better now, still not perfect but good, thank you so much for asking Anita😘😘

Like your couple,, my lionhead siblings, Amber and Zorro are evenly matched when it comes to sharing food. They get a few pellets in a small bowl that only fits one bunny face at a time. They usually take turns, though once in a while Zorro pulls the bowl with his paws and after he scoffs down a few extra pellets Amber will try to get it back, Sometimes she is successful though I have seen the bowl flip over scattering the last few pellets.

I am sorry you got a bite. Perhaps you are eating so many vegetables that you smell and taste like a yummy veggie! I am sure it was an accident.

Back