• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poop. No literally poop. Help!

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
So I've just bought the bunny in and seen this poop.

0ed0fa980495ed08628cd7d63db25ca5.jpg

1fa8dc3fa4ffa6950c3b5b52e832f212.jpg

It's hard it's just like a collection of little poops. She's never done this before. Am I being over dramatic worrying?!

Has she been out in the garden free ranging and maybe eaten lots of grass and other plants? It's not as easy to tell from the photos as what you can see there, but to me it looks like lots of normal poo stuck together and also stuck to leaves.

My guess is that she has possibly eaten an excess of something out in the garden. I would monitor what she produces now that she is inside. Does she normally eat a lot of hay? If so, I would refresh it to encourage her to eat lots of it. Then see what she produces. How was her poo before she went outside?

Has she been out in the garden free ranging and maybe eaten lots of grass and other plants? It's not as easy to tell from the photos as what you can see there, but to me it looks like lots of normal poo stuck together and also stuck to leaves.

My guess is that she has possibly eaten an excess of something out in the garden. I would monitor what she produces now that she is inside. Does she normally eat a lot of hay? If so, I would refresh it to encourage her to eat lots of it. Then see what she produces. How was her poo before she went outside?

I hope that's just it. I haven't changed her diet so she may have just eaten something. Her poo was fine before she went out.

I really hope she's ok [emoji25]

Is she fine in herself and acting normally? If so, I think you'll find that a good feed of hay will make the poo go back to normal, which would indicate that it's been caused by too much munching outside.

If she's not acting normally or if the poo doesn't return to normal by tomorrow I would take her to the vet. I hope she's OK.

It could be she is easting too many pellets. It might be a good idea to just feed her hay and a very small amount of pellets for a few days to get her digestive system back on track. Hope bunny will be ok.

Is she fine in herself and acting normally? If so, I think you'll find that a good feed of hay will make the poo go back to normal, which would indicate that it's been caused by too much munching outside.

If she's not acting normally or if the poo doesn't return to normal by tomorrow I would take her to the vet. I hope she's OK.

She's fine. No change in behaviour at all.

Has she only eaten the same as she always eats? No fruit or anything like that?

Looks like a bundle of excess cecals and poos that's gathered together and then dropped off her.

I wouldn't worry tonight, and keep an eye and see what she looks like in the morning - is her bum clean?

Has she only eaten the same as she always eats? No fruit or anything like that?

Looks like a bundle of excess cecals and poos that's gathered together and then dropped off her.

I wouldn't worry tonight, and keep an eye and see what she looks like in the morning - is her bum clean?

No fruit. She's had a small piece of carrot and that's the only thing that she's had differently today - she only gets carrots as treats.

I cleaned her bum before. I can't see any inflammations or soreness there.

No fruit. She's had a small piece of carrot and that's the only thing that she's had differently today - she only gets carrots as treats.

I cleaned her bum before. I can't see any inflammations or soreness there.

Perhaps she's had extra noshings in the garden? Something delicious she found?

Hope all's well tomorrow :)

I have had these pats before (not me personally!)

I have found them after too much rich food, like going crazy on grass or too much fruit :thumb:

Back