• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anything to gain weight?

Aww, beautiful Atticus, enjoying his oats and carrot. :love: He really does look bright and happy and alert, I agree. :love: That was really sweet of Evelyn to gift him half a banana. [emoji38]
She often gifts him food, this was a much better deal than pasta the other day [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone [emoji7] yea I think he's looking much brighter tbh and his coat looks a bit better, I have to say tho the only real change was oats and veg that was previously banned on the bunny menu... [emoji38] I think we might now start to see if the steroids make a difference too.

Wondering if I should've changed his diet much sooner tbh, I probably dropped the ball there a bit, because I could see the decline and I only increased his pellets and veg, I didn't look into oats. Although William didn't seem to think oats were a great idea when I mentioned them so idek [emoji38] Atticus loves them, I give him some a few times a day, Clementine is a real problem with them though I've started letting him hop on the towel and then moving it so it's an island with slippy death floor surrounding it! But she keeps outsmarting me to get to it [emoji19]

She often gifts him food, this was a much better deal than pasta the other day [emoji38]
Oh, no. :lol:

I'm so glad he's looking a lot brighter and his coat is a bit better, too. It sounds like the additions to his diet are giving him some more energy. :love: I hope the steroids will make some further improvements.
You couldn't have made changes to his diet earlier if you weren't aware of the options, if you didn't know that oats could help. It's so good he loves them so much. :love: But, oh, no, piggy Clementine is too smart! It sounds like she'd happily eat all of Atticus' food!

Oh, no. [emoji38]

I'm so glad he's looking a lot brighter and his coat is a bit better, too. It sounds like the additions to his diet are giving him some more energy. :love: I hope the steroids will make some further improvements.
You couldn't have made changes to his diet earlier if you weren't aware of the options, if you didn't know that oats could help. It's so good he loves them so much. :love: But, oh, no, piggy Clementine is too smart! It sounds like she'd happily eat all of Atticus' food!
Yea I was considering oats a while back though I just got discouraged because they aren't really helpful nutritionally [emoji38]

I just weighed him 2.17kg!

Yea I was considering oats a while back though I just got discouraged because they aren't really helpful nutritionally [emoji38]

That's fantastic!:love: Well done both of you :love: He should start to feel stronger soon as he increases his weight.

I presume that William didn't say that oats were harmful ?

from 1.69 that awesome (are you sure you didn't weigh Clem by mistake:lol:)

That's fantastic!:love: Well done both of you :love: He should start to feel stronger soon as he increases his weight.

I presume that William didn't say that oats were harmful ?
No not harmful just kinda disregarded them [emoji38]

Hahaha no she's 3.6kg [emoji51][emoji51] that's actually the lightest she's been too.. [emoji51]

their size difference reminds me of "Jack Sprat (Atticus Splatz?) would eat no fat, his wife would eat no lean ..."

He looks great! Given his history, it is no wonder your vet was not keen on changing his diet by adding oats. That is a great weight gain though!

Thanks everyone [emoji7] he's looking great, I feel terrible tho as clearly he was wasting away [emoji51] I'm glad he's looking better tho [emoji51] and I don't think the steroids could've worked this quickly [emoji51]

Yea he's eating one of the treats I made a day! They're fairly large tbh I thought he might just eat a bit but he really likes them so does Apricot [emoji38]

Focus on the fact that you've found a way to help him gain weight, so that he feels better and is stronger :love: No, I don't think it could be the steroids this quickly although that's just intuition, as I have no experience.

So, when is Atticus going to be told that he can't have any more yummy treats as he's becoming a fattie ?:lol: What weight are you aiming for? I think you said previously 3kgs?

Aww glad he's gained some weight, Treacle loved a few oats, it certainly put a bit of weight on her, and never did her any harm. I think you could market your bunny biscuits :thumb:

Focus on the fact that you've found a way to help him gain weight, so that he feels better and is stronger :love: No, I don't think it could be the steroids this quickly although that's just intuition, as I have no experience.

So, when is Atticus going to be told that he can't have any more yummy treats as he's becoming a fattie ?[emoji38] What weight are you aiming for? I think you said previously 3kgs?

Yea I'm not in the best headspace currently so I guess I'm beating myself up about how I handled it, but it's positive we've found something that works atm. I just sent William an email too about what pain meds he can have too, so hopefully I get a response Monday.

Yea that's the next issue I think isn't it [emoji38] 3kg was his okay weight, he's quite a big rex (his and Clementines parents were Dutch rexes and really large) so I think just over 3kg is the ideal, Idk if that's possible tho, so we'll just see I think! Atticus has never been overweight before he was always very muscly tho, I guess we'll just have to see how this goes!

Aww glad he's gained some weight, Treacle loved a few oats, it certainly put a bit of weight on her, and never did her any harm. I think you could market your bunny biscuits :thumb:
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Grace's megacolon bunny biccies [emoji38]

That's really good to know [emoji7]

Atticus is in pain, gut slow down :(

He's had meds, calpol instead of loxicom tho. I'm worried because of how bloated he is (might not actually be its just the pot belly look has increased with the weight gain.. It's hard to explain really [emoji58]) I'm glad William was working today because I didn't know the updated dose for the calpol so I'm super relieved he was there to ask!

Back