• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anything to gain weight?

Graciee

Staff member
I know I've asked before but it's there anything I can feed Atticus that's really fattening? :( hes having another episode atm but, he's just so skinny :( like I'm seriously worried, I'm gunna get another appointment this week but I just Idk, Idk how long I can keep him here tbh, he just wants to eat though and he's so happy, he runs over still, he just looks like a skeleton :( I know it probably won't help and this is it, but Idk I just wanna feed him **** to try keep him going :(

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear he's having another episode Graciee, but glad he's happy in himself. Treacle lost quite a lot in her final year, but she was always a good eater, and extra nuggets seemed to keep her weight level. Hope Atticus keeps happy and well in himself for as long as possible xx

Idk I think with his conditions I think he can’t have certain stuff? What about junior pellets, Readigrass

So sorry to hear he's having another episode Graciee, but glad he's happy in himself. Treacle lost quite a lot in her final year, but she was always a good eater, and extra nuggets seemed to keep her weight level. Hope Atticus keeps happy and well in himself for as long as possible xx

Yea he has nuggets bless him and veg and treats, and ears loads of hay, and I feed him fruit too because he eats anything and his gut issues are now not triggered by anything really that just happen randomly, but he's always hungry :( xx

Idk I think with his conditions I think he can’t have certain stuff? What about junior pellets, Readigrass
Used to be an issue now I feed him lots of stuff tbh because his gut is bad regardless. He has both, it's hard though because of Clementine she's overweight always anyway, I've no idea why [emoji38]

Have you ever tried oat hay for him? If he's got a naturally slow gut I might not advise it but I think it's one of the more high calorie hays. He's got to have lots of water with it though...I remember Fiver blowing up like a little balloon because he gorged himself on a basket of it and then didn't have enough fluid to pass it properly, poor bub. :(

Have you ever tried oat hay for him? If he's got a naturally slow gut I might not advise it but I think it's one of the more high calorie hays. He's got to have lots of water with it though...I remember Fiver blowing up like a little balloon because he gorged himself on a basket of it and then didn't have enough fluid to pass it properly, poor bub. :(
Oh yea he has that! I feed all mine some of that. Ah drinking isn't an issue, he drinks an awful lot. He has alfalfa too I hand fed it on his own so Clementine can't get any [emoji38][emoji38]

No ordinary pellets, only junior ones. They have higher levels of protein. Cut down on green vegetables and increase root vegetables like carrots and parsnips. Banana and oats worth a try too. Pumpkin/squash also.

Basically the opposite of what you would normally provide to keep a rabbit slim and healthy.

Sending lots of vibes that he gets over this episode quickly.

No ordinary pellets, only junior ones. They have higher levels of protein. Cut down on green vegetables and increase root vegetables like carrots and parsnips. Banana and oats worth a try too. Pumpkin/squash also.

Basically the opposite of what you would normally provide to keep a rabbit slim and healthy.

Sending lots of vibes that he gets over this episode quickly.

Yea he gets junior excel ones, I'm actually wondering if museli is a good idea [emoji51]

He just had some oats, wolfed them down tbh and I gave him some narna and strawberry tops, but yea maybe some root vegetables would be a good idea! Thanks Omi

I'm just so worried about him :( I'm honestly wondering if I should put him out of his misery tbh :(
4f8a424bc687cf98c534f67de1c0c283.jpg
4958c4a5a3c933233436ca4691d36cdf.jpg

Oh yes I forgot to mention oats, Treacle had those too. Organic rolled oats mixed with a little organic baby fruit puree, I called it her porridge :lol: she loved it bless her.

Oh yes I forgot to mention oats, Treacle had those too. Organic rolled oats mixed with a little organic baby fruit puree, I called it her porridge [emoji38] she loved it bless her.
Oh thank you so much, I'll get some of those :)

He is so handsome.:love:

Babydarling chinchilla loved roast pumpkin. Simply heat in the oven, I gave him the whole piece with the skin, he didn't eat the skin but it keeps the flavour in.

I have always been wary about feeding any sort of fruit to my bunnies. I think I would favour trying root vegetables and squash as they will have both sugar and starch. Apart from banana, I think I would still use that.

Is he actually losing weight or maintaining a low weight?

He is so handsome.:love:

Babydarling chinchilla loved roast pumpkin. Simply heat in the oven, I gave him the whole piece with the skin, he didn't eat the skin but it keeps the flavour in.

Awh thank you, I'll let him know you think so [emoji7]

I wonder if that's bun safe I'll check thank you

I have always been wary about feeding any sort of fruit to my bunnies. I think I would favour trying root vegetables and squash as they will have both sugar and starch. Apart from banana, I think I would still use that.

Is he actually losing weight or maintaining a low weight?

Yea I worry about the sugar in fruit because of his gut issues, but we'll see. I'll get some to see how he does I think.

Nah, he's losing :(

I'm worried about his back legs too he seems not as stable on them as he used to, and keeps putting them pointing in, Idk if you can see (he's just has a bum bath his fur it wet, doesn't usually look like this)
7e7ea356f1bd87051ad09a358ac7a6f6.jpg
1b18ae037d71226c7f13991613104da9.jpg
dc12bf8ba3fa3f86ed7bdfc6361380c4.jpg

I guess the loss of stability in his back legs are possibly due to weakness and loss of muscle tone :(

I think I would experiment with different types of food and lots of it, to see what is the most beneficial. Longer term, I think he'll let you know when he's had enough.

He has got a beautiful Rex face :love:

:love: he is still really beautiful

I can identify with your pain, honestly Mousey was so, so skinny for the longest time & she had a great appetite. Nothing ever seemed to help. Clem & Atticus sound a nightmare to feed - just cos they opposite ends of the scale. You say he's happy though:love: that's the key thing in my eyes

Sending positive vibes for your boy. I had a bunny who became disabled and he lost muscle mass in his lower half so he looked like two different bunnies.
Could he be burning extra calories to keep warm?

Last edited:
Back