• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Much is Enough?

Cari

Warren Veteran
I've got a new girly for Stephen although they're currently apart until his neuter etc. I've swapped her onto Stephen's pellets and she practically took my hand off to eat them! I know Stephen's greedy and will eat as soon as I put the bowl down but she's a bit bigger than Stephen, must weigh about twice as much (4kg ish) but I want to have her on the same amount of pellets as Stephen but more hay, is that okay? I just don't want her to get chubby!

If it works for her metabolism then that's fine :) But I would say just adjust it according to what you're seeing from them. I have a pair where thr boy is 1.4kg and the girl is a fat 3kg and unable to lose weight, and she gets one SS pellet and he gets 2 (unless it's cold), so it can work- it just depends on the bunnies, because some bigger bunnies need more pellets and protein, some won't eat as much hay as you would want, etc. I would say trial and error and be prepared to be flexible.

She's a devil for hay, she eats so much and has good poos. I want her on as few pellets as possible as she has bad teeth. Will get her weighed when I take Stephen for his neuter and keep an eye on her weight to see how she's doing.

Thanks, could I eventually ween her down to hay only as she's so good with eating it?

Back