• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about Boo

Glad to hear that she is doing so well. I am in a similar situation with Gilbert. I bundled him off to the vets last night after work but the vet could not find anything untoward. He chewed off a small spur on the otoscope and the vet wondered if the might resolve it. So, I am on very close monitoring too.

I hope Boo proves you wrong on this occasion and doesn't need a dental.

Thats very clever of Gilbert to give himself a conscious dental - I hope it does the trick

Thanks everyone.

Breaking news. Bob got up last night complaining Boo kept lying on his belly everytime he laid on his back. good girly Boobly - he snores when he is on his back.Anyway he headed downstairs for a drink & to feed Rudey & I heard these wonderful, gurgly drinking noises. It could only be Boo (Joey drinks quietly). I sat upright to watch her, slapped myself around the chops to check wasn't dreaming. :love:

Thanks everyone.

Breaking news. Bob got up last night complaining Boo kept lying on his belly everytime he laid on his back. good girly Boobly - he snores when he is on his back.Anyway he headed downstairs for a drink & to feed Rudey & I heard these wonderful, gurgly drinking noises. It could only be Boo (Joey drinks quietly). I sat upright to watch her, slapped myself around the chops to check wasn't dreaming. :love:

well done Boo!!

Wonderful news :love:

Isn't it :love: Signs are all good, now I need someone to interpret them:lol: Is it possible she doesn't like to drink when any kind of poorly? Could it have been EC related & teeth fine for now (it was the back where Becky couldn't see, the rest didn't look too bad)? Could I have stopped her wanting to drink with all the cucumber, lettuce & occasional pear chunks ?

Isn't it :love: Signs are all good, now I need someone to interpret them:lol: Is it possible she doesn't like to drink when any kind of poorly? Could it have been EC related & teeth fine for now (it was the back where Becky couldn't see, the rest didn't look too bad)? Could I have stopped her wanting to drink with all the cucumber, lettuce & occasional pear chunks ?

I think it could be either EC related or the Cucumber. My rabbits certainly don't drink nearly as much in the summer when they have more juicy food.

Lovely news :love:

I love the fact she lies on your OH as he sleeps, that’s so sweet :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely news :love:

I love the fact she lies on your OH as he sleeps, that’s so sweet :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is a sweetie. Not actually known her lie on OH before, just seen her groom his head, normally its me she lies on . She loves mummy best but she kinda loves everyone she meets

That's great news, well done Boobie! It could be that she's been getting her hydration from the cucumber. I know that Snoopy eats more of the fresh food (herbs and fresh forage) than Fudgie does and so drinks less water than her.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

We took Boobly (with Joey for company) to CL open surgery this morning to see Ruth. She is on good form generally. Her "good" eye is showing some changes so could be developing cataract too. Mention of glaucoma too though no weepiness or bulging :( Better view of her back teeth which look "weird". So she has been admitted for GA, probable dental & investigation of eye. Joey had a health check & filavac, he's a healthy weight & all signs good

I hope Boo’s op goes well and that there is nothing untoward found. Sending lots of vibes and hugs to you xx

Sending lots of vibes for Princess Boo. I hope that her examination and possible treatment under GA goes well.

Lots of vibes for the gorgeous Boo, I hope they can sort her teethies out xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back