• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would anyone think this is an appropriate thing to say?

It's a shame but I'm sure it is usually just a joke, I know my brother (who's over 50 and should know better) would be quick to say such things but he doesn't mean it, he'd be first to run you to the vets if one was poorly. We joke that ours would make nice slippers, although they won't match - and the GP's would make excellent clutch bags - but we don't mean it, honest!

rabbit stew. Curry,skin em, put em in the pot....
ive heard them all i just tell em that i could put there child in a pot...
tends to shut em up :d

I was more offended when i was told my two wouldnt be suitable for the pot - apparently, Daisy is too fatty and Lucky is too scraggy. :lol::lol:

I get this too, it makes my blood boil but I try to play it cool and ignore them.
Its annoying though when you love something so much and someone be littles them so badly :evil::evil::evil:

I was more offended when i was told my two wouldnt be suitable for the pot - apparently, Daisy is too fatty and Lucky is too scraggy. :lol::lol:

My mom joked when we got Buckley "well that's not even enough for a canape"

I mind it less from my mom cos she really is joking and loves Buckley very much.

But the guy who made the comment is the kind of epic douche who goes on Zebra hunting safaris in Africa. And posts photos of himself skinning a Zebra :evil:

What I find even weirder is the people that make these jokes literally NEVER eat rabbit, let alone would they ever skin one...:roll:

But the guy who made the comment is the kind of epic douche who goes on Zebra hunting safaris in Africa. And posts photos of himself skinning a Zebra :evil:

Tell him he can do whatever he wants and comes to terms with his sexuality and stops feeling the need to skin animals because he has a tiny pecker.

People say this to me all the time. My OH threatened to skin my rabbits the other day :cry: I'm still absolutely devastated that he could say this to me.

Welcome to the world of bunny ownership.

It's a shame. I have a cat and a dog, horses, have had gerbils, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs and no one has ever made a joke like it about them... and my dad has actually eaten guinea pig (he lived in Peru for a while)

Back