• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which bunny?***she is here***

And I thought Ruby had a big dewlap :shock: She's an absolute beauty though. Sending lots of nose rubs her way :love:

She is very timid, and has had very little human contact, but I just know she will respond quickly to lots of TLC :D

So glad she is in your hands now! How can it get so big? What is a dewlaps actually perpose?

m
xx

mit said:
So glad she is in your hands now! How can it get so big? What is a dewlaps actually purpose?

m
xx

A dewlap is used by the female rabbit to pluck fur from to make a nest just before she has kits, sometime they grow very large, like this one!! it will be removed surgically, to enable her to lead a more normal Life

hunnybun said:
mit said:
So glad she is in your hands now! How can it get so big? What is a dewlaps actually purpose?

m
xx

A dewlap is used by the female rabbit to pluck fur from to make a nest just before she has kits, sometime they grow very large, like this one!! it will be removed surgically, to enable her to lead a more normal Life

I see! I just though females just plucked fur from thier belly and from the insides of thier legs. Didnt know that! Learn something new every day! :D

m
xx

She has a beautiful face, please keep us updated how she goes, poor bunny. How did she get in that state?

hunnybun said:
kayjay said:
She has a beautiful face, please keep us updated how she goes, poor bunny. How did she get in that state?

Just ignored and neglected! I feel sooooo sad for her :(

She's in the right place, I'll look forward to the 'after' pictures, good luck with her

Back