• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing your hands.

Ah well, glad to have been one to shock you. Obviously doesn't do me any harm as i am very rarely ill.

I do wash my hands after cleaning out the cage, and use hand gel, but honestly i never do after just picking buns up.

:lol:

I keep anti-bac gel on me almost constantly because of dealing with numerous horses everyday so I do it with the buns out of habit.

Ah well, glad to have been one to shock you. Obviously doesn't do me any harm as i am very rarely ill.

:lol::lol::lol:

The same here (watch me come down with vomitting and the trots now I've said that :roll: :lol: ) It seems pretty pointless to wash my hands after handling the bunnies - I'll have already been kissing them all over so my mouth would already be smothered in bunny germs. :lol:

I was more cautious when the kids were smaller but they're pretty much as robust as me now. If they've been playing in the garden then I'll make them wash their hands before eating but that's about it.

Somebody I know is obsessive about handwashing, and the children have to wash their hands before/after doing literally anything and they regularly have stomach bugs.

I think hygiene is important but not to the point where you don't build up any natural immunity.

hmmm do you want some soy sauce to go with that portion of sarky Kermit?? hehe just kidding! My hands feel grubby after feeding the animals especially with handling hay. Couldn't imagine not washing my hands after handling animal food, and hay. Its not so much the animals they are clean.

Back