• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Rosie Please/ Blockage 100% better,UD p. 114

Topping up the vibes for Rosie.

From our experience the first few days were the most difficult in recovery. Keeping up the strong pain medications is necesary as I think there is quite a lot of pain associated with the surgery. Our Liam went through a period of rather bad depression in the first few days and I really hope Rosie doesn't go through that as well. He was kept in the vet clinic and wasn't with his bonded partner which I feel contributed to the depression, so your plan of letting her be as close as possible to Murphy may well avoid some of those problems we experienced.

Speedy recovery Rosie, you are in good caring hands.:love::love:

Yes we were told the first 3 days can be critical, she is on Vetergesic and Metacam and she does seem a bit depressed but I think she will certainly cheer up when she sees her Husbun Murphy. Murphy has only eaten half his food last night and is also a bit depressed this morning so I think it will do them both some good to be near each other.

Yes we were told the first 3 days can be critical, she is on Vetergesic and Metacam and she does seem a bit depressed but I think she will certainly cheer up when she sees her Husbun Murphy. Murphy has only eaten half his food last night and is also a bit depressed this morning so I think it will do them both some good to be near each other.

aww bless them both, more vibes for rosie

talking to our vets they recommend all periods of not eating be treted with zantac...they do have it in jab form.....the gi tract ulcerates so quickly..it saved berties life when he stpped eating after willow died and he got very ill.

the syringe feeds are so hard to do when youre this stressed......i admire you both for the coping abilities alone!!

it may be worth every penny to pay a vet or vet nurse to come admin fluids for you....without the zantac vetergesic and fluids....merlin wouldnt have survived each hospitalisation for a week min each time so far.

i know critical care or science recovery syringe feeds are best..but i found using a teeny bit of hipp organic pear and apple pudding gives a taste to get the willingness to feed begun. Just a teeny bit then a syringe of cc....

the pain and shock is the thing...we dont condsider having a doe speyed as dangerous as abdomen surgery...but both are major ops in bunnies....i can recal having willow speyed and over reaction to the GA and the four days of intensive nursing....i take my hat off to you both...and sendmore vibes and nosey rubs your rosies way xx

How is Rosie doing. I hope Murphy is a bit happier now he can see her.
Just wondering what vet did you take her to?, I like to know of any good bunny vets in the area.
Sending healing vibes for Rosie.

talking to our vets they recommend all periods of not eating be treted with zantac...they do have it in jab form.....the gi tract ulcerates so quickly..it saved berties life when he stpped eating after willow died and he got very ill.

the syringe feeds are so hard to do when youre this stressed......i admire you both for the coping abilities alone!!

it may be worth every penny to pay a vet or vet nurse to come admin fluids for you....without the zantac vetergesic and fluids....merlin wouldnt have survived each hospitalisation for a week min each time so far.

i know critical care or science recovery syringe feeds are best..but i found using a teeny bit of hipp organic pear and apple pudding gives a taste to get the willingness to feed begun. Just a teeny bit then a syringe of cc....

the pain and shock is the thing...we dont condsider having a doe speyed as dangerous as abdomen surgery...but both are major ops in bunnies....i can recal having willow speyed and over reaction to the GA and the four days of intensive nursing....i take my hat off to you both...and sendmore vibes and nosey rubs your rosies way xx

Rosie is on Zantac, Metacam and Vetergesic injections that Mike administers and also Metoclopramide, she is syringe fed every 2 hours to keep her gut going and she is also given fluids every two hours as well. With having so many rabbits we have a good selection of meds.
When we syringe feed her we put a little bit of honey in with the Recovery mix as she takes it much better. We usually put a little bit of pineapple juice in with the Recovery/Critical Care for most of our buns when we have to syringe feed as they seem to like the taste better.

Rosie is actually having round the clock care and we are shattered but we are determined to get her eating and better.

Thank You Purplebumble
xx

Update on Rosie Sunday 3:26 am

Rosie has been fighting her syringe feeds today as I think she is a bit fed up of being picked up and put down every two hours but we are thinking positive and think this could be a sign she is getting a little stronger.
Although she hasn't eaten any food by herself she has passed some poops and we have given her some nice Western Timothy hay tonight to see if that will tempt her it certainly smells delicious!
We have now got Murphy next to her and she does seem to be moving about a bit more.

Just want to say Thank you to everyone for their Vibes
and advice it is all much appreciated
xxxx

She's getting fantastic care from you both and that must give her the best possible chance. The combination of med-fighting and moving round more does sound positive, especially since she's passing droppings too. Fingers crossed she's improved more this morning. You must be shattered, though. Sending more vibes. :wave:

omg ive just re read my post:shock::oops: i didnt mean to come over like that hun..i apologise......:wave: it wasnt intentional ....honest!!

the fact shes pooped has got to be worth celebrating...her gi tract is shifting...albeit a teeny bit...but i bet your doing cartwheels round the lounge;)

i know..i have so many various bits of meds for buns...and the cats....i just think right..dosage works out at..or rings the vet....my maths skills are seriously flawed:lol:

i expect shes fed up like you say..its sooo frustrating isnt it...your like please please..you wont get better etc....they look at you in disgust!!!

also she could be sensing the stress and worry over her...my bif was like that..merlin is too.....some buns seem worse than others. my first bun knew the routine so well..it was scary. our second bun would only lick the cc off a saucer!! or spoon!!

another day...another shower of vibes for rosie...and hugs for you both....

hmm keep on hand belvita breakfast biscuits and caffeine for you guys.....xx

thats fantastic - the first things that Willow ate after her gut op were fresh flat leaved Parsley and plain old (quite rough not trim lawn type) grass. She seemed to really need the grass.

Also (and this may not happen to you -) she did only small poos for a couple of days and then spent 12 hours rushing from corner to corner looking literally constipated (that sort of effort to poo look) before finally pooing the HUGEST mass of poo I have ever seen - somewhere between a ping pong ball and a tennis ball of poos all stuck together!!!!

After that she looked much relieved and was practically back to normal.

omg ive just re read my post:shock::oops: i didnt mean to come over like that hun..i apologise......:wave: it wasnt intentional ....honest!!

the fact shes pooped has got to be worth celebrating...her gi tract is shifting...albeit a teeny bit...but i bet your doing cartwheels round the lounge;)

i know..i have so many various bits of meds for buns...and the cats....i just think right..dosage works out at..or rings the vet....my maths skills are seriously flawed:lol:

i expect shes fed up like you say..its sooo frustrating isnt it...your like please please..you wont get better etc....they look at you in disgust!!!

also she could be sensing the stress and worry over her...my bif was like that..merlin is too.....some buns seem worse than others. my first bun knew the routine so well..it was scary. our second bun would only lick the cc off a saucer!! or spoon!!

another day...another shower of vibes for rosie...and hugs for you both....

hmm keep on hand belvita breakfast biscuits and caffeine for you guys.....xx

You have nothing to apologise for at all you gave me advice and I genuinely appreciate any advice I get, I just hope my reply wasn't rude for you to think you have to apologise for what you wrote.

Maysie xxx

Update sunday 11:29

Rosie ate a little by herself last night and she is more alert and so we think we are slowly getting there, I know we have a long way to go but I am hoping things are turning for the better.
I will keep you all updated.

Thank you again for all the Vibes and messages as it's been hard for us to go through this with Rosie after losing Pud to a GA 2 weeks ago as you do end up a little paranoid
and so the Vibes and messages have been a great comfort, especially to me.

Maysie
xxxxxxxxx

thats fantastic - the first things that Willow ate after her gut op were fresh flat leaved Parsley and plain old (quite rough not trim lawn type) grass. She seemed to really need the grass.

Also (and this may not happen to you -) she did only small poos for a couple of days and then spent 12 hours rushing from corner to corner looking literally constipated (that sort of effort to poo look) before finally pooing the HUGEST mass of poo I have ever seen - somewhere between a ping pong ball and a tennis ball of poos all stuck together!!!!

After that she looked much relieved and was practically back to normal.

Yes when Mae was very ill with bloat she didnt poo for ages and then one day just had a massive pile of sloppy caeco/mucousey mess! Good sign but gross :lol:

Vibes for Rosie xxx

I've only just seen this and haven't had time to read the whole thread. Sending more vibes though.
x

Back