• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Rosie Please/ Blockage 100% better,UD p. 114

Rosie has had her Op and they are just waiting for her to come round more. Mike has been there all afternoon and he is going to bring her home as there is nobody on duty throughout the night at our Vet's and we could have took her to another Vet's for the night but we don't want to. We are going to have to part her from Murphy and that will be bad enough but to be in a strange place as well without Murphy will be too much for Rosie as she is a nervous bunny. We have all the meds here and we shall sit up with her through the night.
The vet said if we had left it any longer she would have died as when she opened her up she was so full of gas she would have exploded. The blockage was due to fur.

OMG that's terrifying. Thank goodness you took her. Sending loads more vibes for your little girl...

not sure if you will have a chance to read this - but dont forget to keep her very warm all night - after surgery they have difficulty maintaining their temperature. Also if you have to travel back to the vets tomorrow for a top up of fluids (if you are not able to do subcut fluids) then wrap her warmly and pad her in lots of towels etc for the journey.

Oh, Mike and Masie. I am sending millions of vibes for Rosie to get well again.
She will be better off at home with you tonight. I am sure Murphy will be happy to see her tomorrow.

not sure if you will have a chance to read this - but dont forget to keep her very warm all night - after surgery they have difficulty maintaining their temperature. Also if you have to travel back to the vets tomorrow for a top up of fluids (if you are not able to do subcut fluids) then wrap her warmly and pad her in lots of towels etc for the journey.

Rosie is in an indoor cage in the lounge as we are sitting up with her overnight, she is on a heat pad and we have 2 big fleeces over the cage to keep the warmth in. The vet has kindly told us that if we need to we can ring or text her at home anytime throught the night if we have any problems. The vet said we have to ring her tomorrow to let her know how Rosie is rather than take her down as our vet's is a hour away. Rosie had fluids before she came home and had her tummy filled with fluid, Mike gave her a Vetergesic injection at midnight and she has another at 8.00am.

Thank you for this parsnipbun :)

Update 1:50am

Rosie is still very sleepy and we have her in the lounge so we can keep an eye on her, she is on a heat pad and nice and warm. Mike gave her a Vetergesic injection at midnight and she has to have another at 8:00am and then another 2 during the day tomorrow.
We have just checked her Husbun Murphy and he has not eaten much of his tea so he is obviously missing her so we shall set up another indoor cage next to Rosies in the lounge tomorrow morning and he can at least be next to her. Wejust haven't had time tonight to set up a cage for him what with Rosie and the rest of the buns to sort out.

Thank you so much for your Vibes and messages
xxxx

All the positive thoughts and vibes I can muster for Rosie.

To give you hope; we had a bunny who had the same problem with a complete fur blockages and underwent the same procedure. He survived and lived on until he was 9.

All the positive thoughts and vibes I can muster for Rosie.

To give you hope; we had a bunny who had the same problem with a complete fur blockages and underwent the same procedure. He survived and lived on until he was 9.

Oh that's lovely to hear...Thank You for that :)

great shes got to next step.......i was watching bluebell eat a tuft of footpad fur before i could get it off her.....:shock::shock:

blimey an hour way for the vets.....no wonder youve got her at home...and to be honest with the vets back up and both of you to take turns in the nursing an dher hubby close by..even in another room they can smell each other so its a comfort of sorts.

the stress levels greatly decreased....i wish you all the best in the nursing....i am not brave enough to jab...and would be terrified of hurting her...like i was when buns were spayed!

you are being thought of lots and rosies a little star..vibes and recovery wishes for her....and nosey rubs to her and her hubby. xx

Poor little Rosie :cry:

How is she doing now ?

Is she still receiving lots of IV or SQ fluids and anti GI ulcer meds ?

Millions of vibes being sent xx

Last edited:
Update saturday 10:15 am

Well she has made it through the night though she seems a little frail, she had her 2nd Vetergesic injection at 8:00 am this morning but she has not eaten. Mike has spoken to our vet this morning and she has told us rather than take her down ( as it's an hour away) to syringe feed her every 2 hours to keep her gut moving and we are also giving her fluids.

Going to put Murphy (her Husbun) in an indoor cage next to her today maybe that will give her the fight she needs to get better.

Well she has made it through the night though she seems a little frail, she had her 2nd Vetergesic injection at 8:00 am this morning but she has not eaten. Mike has spoken to our vet this morning and she has told us rather than take her down ( as it's an hour away) to syringe feed her every 2 hours to keep her gut moving and we are also giving her fluids.

Going to put Murphy (her Husbun) in an indoor cage next to her today maybe that will give her the fight she needs to get better.

sending more vibes for rosie, keep fighting girl x

Topping up the vibes for Rosie.

From our experience the first few days were the most difficult in recovery. Keeping up the strong pain medications is necesary as I think there is quite a lot of pain associated with the surgery. Our Liam went through a period of rather bad depression in the first few days and I really hope Rosie doesn't go through that as well. He was kept in the vet clinic and wasn't with his bonded partner which I feel contributed to the depression, so your plan of letting her be as close as possible to Murphy may well avoid some of those problems we experienced.

Speedy recovery Rosie, you are in good caring hands.:love::love:

Back