• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for jelly please U/D shes absolutly fine!

I can write better now as im not on my iphone.

I phoned spring lodge back and asked who i would be seeing and she told me the vet, and its the one i dont like, so im now going to their branch at tiptree to see Nicole, who i think is fab. Going to be fun getting Jelly to the vet on crutches :( mum has offered to take me but isnt happy about it, but there isnt much of a option.

Im not overly worried at the moment, because shes had a few episodes like this before.
In the four years i have had her, she has had six episodes where she has started eating again within a couple of hours, sometimes its after a storm, sometimes you have no idea why. some of those times she went to the vet, got admitted and then we get a phone call saying "she wont stop eating", so she could very well start by herself soon.

She has had 2 "genuine" stasis episodes and one dental., but the one dental was with no symptoms, she actually went in because she was having a check up with her VHD jab. but i dont believe she needed one at the time.

I dont mind that she needs them, of course i dont, but at £120 a time its going to get a bit hefty if she needs them frequently. :shock:

My poor Jellybaby! :( i love her so much, despite her grumpiness.

she has just nibbled some mint, not alot, but a little very gingerly. Not sure what to do now...

she could just be having one of her episodes :?

Absolutely fine

I am never going to understand this. She was looking so uncomfortable earlier, and wouldnt eat anything, not a thing, i tried her normal pellets, hay, dried grass, parsley, mint, basil, everything.

She was hiding under a bed and let the other two eat thedinner which she NEVER does, she was all quiet and hidden. definatly not happy.

a few hours later - shes scoffed the lot. :roll:

Bunnies. who'd have them?

Im going to take her to the vet tomorrow night if shes not completly normal tomorrow, but im not rushing her up there in the mornign strugglng on crutches if she seems okay, ill take her up when mum gets back from work

So glad Jelly is OK!! I have just spent the last 2.5hrs getting Co-Co ex-Starlights who stayed at yours to eat! I was on bunny duty as J is away he did exactly the same as Jelly :shock: I gave him some metacam and tried to chase him round then 2.5hrs later he nibbled a treat and then a few other bits :) We are having some odd weather at the mo with torrential downpours and the humidity so it could be that?!

She does get funny with the weather, when theres been storms before shes gone into "stasis" and and the picks up, shes a funny thing. ordinarily i would take her to the vet tomorrow incase but as mums on a training course and im on crutches it was going to be a crazy rush so im going to see how she goes tomorrow during the day.

Shes litereally normal now. :shock:

Back