• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Gypsy Please / Update He's died in Mikes arms :-(

Maysie I'm so sorry Gypsy couldn't recover. You gave him the absolute best chance though, and a wonderful life.
Hugs to you and Mike.
Binky free Gypsy
x

Oh no I'm so sorry for your loss :(
You did the best you could for him and it sounds like he had a happy life with you and Mike. Binky free Gypsy :cry:

I've just caught up on this tragic update...I am so very sorry that Gypsy has left for the Bridge. :cry::cry::cry: I was really hoping he would pull through. :cry:
There are simply no words for a situation like this. But Gypsy was obviously so very beloved and it is never easy to say goodbye like this. It's so unfair when something unexpected such as this occurs. Sending you both ((((((((((((((Huge Hugs))))))))))))))) at this terrible time. :cry:
Many comforting vibes being sent for Gypsy's ladybun as well. I hope she will be okay.

Binky free, Gypsy, and watch over your loved ones from the Rainbow. Sweet dreams, handsome. xxxx

Aw i have just seen this thread so sad,,poor gypsy and such a beautiful beautiful man. I am so sorry for ur loss. Try not to blame urself , U were just being a good mum to him. Night night we gypsy x

Sorry you have had to say goodbye to your fluffy Gypsy. Glad he could be with someone he trusted at the end.

:( I'm so sorry.
You know that you did all you could, and you gave him a loving home and wonderful life.

Thinking of you xxx

Thank you so much everyone for the Vibes and kind messages as always I do appreciate them xxxxxx

Today I've not been well at all and this morning I nearly collapsed I think losing Gypsy was just to much for me to deal with at the
moment.

So far this year we have lost 7 bunnies, Gypsy was the 8th and the oldest at 9 years old :cry::cry::cry:

Hope you feel better soon Maysie. I was thinking yesterday about what a dreadful year you have had really with the buns you have lost, the babies being so ill, and what a terrible ordeal that was for you both, and then loosing Gypsy so suddenly, and him leaving such a massive gap in your lives, well, I'm not surprised you are so ill, but you must try to rest as well and look after yourself.

So wish I was closer and could come and give you a hand, or just send the both of you out to lunch or something and leave me to look after your buns, so that you can just have a break for a few hours.

Hope you feel better soon Maysie. I was thinking yesterday about what a dreadful year you have had really with the buns you have lost, the babies being so ill, and what a terrible ordeal that was for you both, and then loosing Gypsy so suddenly, and him leaving such a massive gap in your lives, well, I'm not surprised you are so ill, but you must try to rest as well and look after yourself.

So wish I was closer and could come and give you a hand, or just send the both of you out to lunch or something and leave me to look after your buns, so that you can just have a break for a few hours.

Aww Bless you hugs ((()))

We are actually closing on the 1st October to the 13th as we both need a break as we have worked so hard seven days a week till the early hours of the morning and so although we will be doing some decorating and the jobs we haven't had time to do, at least we can have a lie in.

Gypsy I think was the last straw as he was fit as a fiddle for his age and this time last week he was here and it feels like he had been with us forever and like you say it was all so quick and came as a shock as for his age he was so full of life. Gypsy and his girl Parsley were always sat together on their box cuddled up and now she sit's in the same place on her own and I just feel so sad for her. :cry:

Back