• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Gypsy Please / Update He's died in Mikes arms :-(

Update 2:05

There is no improvement he still hasn't come round and we now are wondering if he has brain damage as he doesn't seem able to walk or move just lay there . :cry::cry::cry:

Mike has made an appointment for him to see our vet tomorrow at 11:00 am.

I think this could be my last day with my old soldier, he was his little energetic self yesterday morning before he went...and now :cry:

He had to have a dental but why do I feel so guilty , I feel like I have done this to him :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cry:

Continuing to send vibes for Gypsy.

It isn't your fault at all, but I know how you feel and have been in a very similar situation when I lost a bun during a dental - the vet made a serious mistake which killed him. I still blame myself for taking him in that day.

You did what was best for him and its just tragic that this has happened. Nobody was to know it was going to turn out this way.

Sending lots of love to you all x

I'm hoping and praying that he is still like this because it was such a massive ordeal he went through, and amazing your vet was able to get him back, but maybe it will just take extra time for him to fully rally round. What you are feeling is perfectly understandable, because you saw him so well beforehand, but in reality he wasn't really, as he did need to have a dental and who could ever have predicted this happening.

I guess just in case he doesn't come home tomorrow, treasure every second with him tonight, and I will be thinking of you all and praying for him at 11am tomorrow.

"Give it your best shot Gypsy, and fight like you have never fought before. You are in so many people's thoughts, and so many healing vibes are being sent your way, try and draw strength from them to get you through this"

Stay strong Maysie, positive thoughts will hopefully bring positive actions. Keep telling him about all the things he still has to look forward too, and give him even more reason to keep fighting xx

I'm hoping and praying that he is still like this because it was such a massive ordeal he went through, and amazing your vet was able to get him back, but maybe it will just take extra time for him to fully rally round. What you are feeling is perfectly understandable, because you saw him so well beforehand, but in reality he wasn't really, as he did need to have a dental and who could ever have predicted this happening.

I guess just in case he doesn't come home tomorrow, treasure every second with him tonight, and I will be thinking of you all and praying for him at 11am tomorrow.

"Give it your best shot Gypsy, and fight like you have never fought before. You are in so many people's thoughts, and so many healing vibes are being sent your way, try and draw strength from them to get you through this"

Stay strong Maysie, positive thoughts will hopefully bring positive actions. Keep telling him about all the things he still has to look forward too, and give him even more reason to keep fighting xx

Thank you so much for this xxx

Sadly I don't think this is going to have the happy ending we so wish for as he just looks so weak
both myself and Mike are in absolute floods of tears as we both can't image our lives without Gypsy in it :cry::cry:

Thank you so much for this xxx

Sadly I don't think this is going to have the happy ending we so wish for as he just looks so weak
both myself and Mike are in absolute floods of tears as we both can't image our lives without Gypsy in it :cry::cry:

Please try not to tonight, because he is still with you. Roger was like you are describing Gypsy, and Katie wrote him a prayer, and it worked :thumb: I will look it out for you to say to Gypsy, and then you've just got to keep sending him positive thoughts and vibes xx

Update 2:05

There is no improvement he still hasn't come round and we now are wondering if he has brain damage as he doesn't seem able to walk or move just lay there . :cry::cry::cry:

Mike has made an appointment for him to see our vet tomorrow at 11:00 am.

I think this could be my last day with my old soldier, he was his little energetic self yesterday morning before he went...and now :cry:

He had to have a dental but why do I feel so guilty , I feel like I have done this to him :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am so very sorry this has happened. Please don't feel guilty, he needed a dental you had no choice, if he hadn't had it he would have been in pain and unable to eat and that was not an option.

Your vets did an amazing thing by being able to bring him back and if this doesn't have the outcome you desperately want then at least this did give you some very precious extra time, a chance to say goodbye and the ability for you to be with him if he does need to pass. Not much consolation at the moment, but hopefully in time it will make all the difference.

However we are all hoping for a miracle for Gypsy, thinking of you xx

He's gone our old soldier has left us , I just can't speak but Thank You everyone for the Vibes and the Prayer RogerRabbit999 Thank you so much
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back