• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bobby UD SHE IS BACK TO NORMAL :)

Been back to the vet some pain releif and boy it has made a difference, the vet was lovley as well and answered all my questions, nicley....she has had banana and more hay and spring greens.... :love:

Right well... she is not really eating hay, she has had a few bits and pieces today and generally is more herself she is flopping a lot and grooming:love: little bit worried about her water in take she has bot bowl and bottle but will only drink from the bottle if I put it under her nosse, not everytime though.

she sometimes eats a strand of hay so will go and buy some obxbow western hay, this is my first time doing this and the vet said that he was pretty pleased with her. And if she keeps on as she is I won't have to go and see him mon for the post op check up:?

She has eaten a lot of parsley some banana some porridge and some rocket. Is this good? I have nothing to base it on:?

Oh she has been home 24 hours and back to the vet once for more pai relieif. I am trying not to get so worried but I am tired and emotional... time of moth aint helping:cry:

Just if anyone vould give me an idea of how long her recovery should take

Last edited:
It sounds like she is doing really well, it does take them a long time to get back to normal with a spey. Whereas the boys are usually running round like mad:roll: the day after and I'm usually worried they are going to hurt themselves.

If she's having more veg than nomal that's probably why she isn't drinking as much.

Last edited:
It sounds like she is doing really well, it does take them a kong time to get back to normal with a spey. Whereas the boys are usually running round like mad:roll: the day after and I'm usually worried they are going to hurt themselves.

If she's having more veg than nomal that's probably why she isn't drinking as much.
Do you know what I thought she was alright, I am just so used to her being a pig... just those few words have put my mind at rest thanks... I am having a glass of wine and a nap...... and something naughty to eat later, I think I am making her nervous when I am this het up:)

sounds liike shes doing great hun, and dont forget daytime isnt the natural time to eat anyhows... as long as you are giving water soaked veg shell be getting the water she needs :D

this is the reason id never get a girl bunny before shes had the op, i cant bear the stress of a non eating bun :oops:

Still not eating just snoozing a lot and blinking.... is it normal that she is refusing food? Or should she perk up?? I am NEVER going through this again, I feel awful:cry:

Def going the rescue route from now on.... my poor girly

When little Lola had hers I kept her inside warm and quiet but by the morning she hadn't eaten anything for me and she was still rather lethargic. I took her back to the vet and they gave her more pain relief and another injection to keep her bowels moving. She was fine a couple of hours after that. I'd keep her warm and quiet and make sure she can reach water etc easily, but you know that I'm sure.

Sorry .... just realised I'm replying late to your thread - she's eating now I see. Is there poop?? Please let there be poop!! Like I said before - Lola needed another pain killer too. Sounds like my experience. Try and keep her calm and away from her stitches!! Lola had hers taken out by the time she went to the vet to have them removed!! The vet had none to take out. Does Bobby like her new brazillian??!!

Hello yes she had more pain releif yesterday morning, I actually slept upstairs cos she had eaten another load of parsley and some rocket, checked her once at 2 and then I am up now she has eaten more veg, annd the little darling did a happy flop when I tickled her ears:love:
She also had internal stiches so hopefully she can' get them, she hass licked it a few times but not too much:)

She has been so brave and good, she is gonna love it when she can get a hus bun for her:love: She has done loads of little poops and even eatn some cecals, she is BRILLIANT! :love:

Donna thought Bobby was a boy when we got her, hence the name...I love the fact she is a girl now though we always gang up on Ian till he gives us treats:D I am so happy she is gonna be okay

Last edited:
Well a lot livlier had one or two pelletts but none else just wondering cos she eats all veg that I give her and hay is eatin picking up, should I cut the veg down a bit? to try and get her to eat pellet?:?

Sorry as you are aware first time doing this.. I'm thinking is it THAT important she is not wanting pelletts yet?

I wouldn't worry as long as she's eating hay and veg :wave:

My Daisy gave up on pellets after she was spayed, completely refused them for weeks! That continued until she was bonded with Jester, and then as he was merrily scoffing them she rediscovered her interest in pellets too :lol:

I wouldn't worry as long as she's eating hay and veg :wave:

My Daisy gave up on pellets after she was spayed, completely refused them for weeks! That continued until she was bonded with Jester, and then as he was merrily scoffing them she rediscovered her interest in pellets too :lol:
Oh good thats fine then, she binkied today :D:love: I have currently got her in am enclosure, she normally freeranges.. she is trying to get out a lot now biting bars and stuff, do you think I should let her out soon, she has ben enclosed since fri night:?

You could give her a bit more space and just make sure she doesn't dash about like a lunatic. Just see how it goes.

I can't remember how long I kept Daisy in a smaller space for (she had a bad reaction after her spay though and was admitted at the vets two days later and kept in for a couple of days, so it was different). I'm sure as soon as she was feeling better and frustrated at being kept in her run I probably let her out - never been any good at denying Daisy anything she wants :oops: :lol:

You could give her a bit more space and just make sure she doesn't dash about like a lunatic. Just see how it goes.

I can't remember how long I kept Daisy in a smaller space for (she had a bad reaction after her spay though and was admitted at the vets two days later and kept in for a couple of days, so it was different). I'm sure as soon as she was feeling better and frustrated at being kept in her run I probably let her out - never been any good at denying Daisy anything she wants :oops: :lol:
Ok am going to see what she is like when I get home, and maybe let her roam the living room floor.. no stairs yet tho:D Thanks for replying hun... Its just fear of the unknown for me. since I have had her she has never refused anything, knowing this is normal makes me feel sooo much better

Ok am going to see what she is like when I get home, and maybe let her roam the living room floor.. no stairs yet tho:D Thanks for replying hun... Its just fear of the unknown for me. since I have had her she has never refused anything, knowing this is normal makes me feel sooo much better

That's ok :wave:

I'm sure Bobby will be fine :D

I know, :love: just wish i had done it before so I knew what was normal and what wasn't looking on the net, there are so many scare stories:cry: The vet told me to stop the research for a bit cos I will just end up upsetting myself

Back