• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Billy Please? UD - No More Injecting!

Thanks everyone! :wave:

I just called to see how he's doing. He's sat up, but he's not quite 'with it' yet. Hasn't eaten anything yet either. I can pick him up at 3.30pm (seems a bit early?!) So I'll head to the supermarket on the way to stock up on tasty noms. :D

We're back! :wave:

He's looking bit a wobbly, but not bad. He hadn't eaten at the vets, but he's had a few pellets and some herbs (five different types to choose from!), and now he's being cleaned up by his wife. :)

The last time he had an anaesthetic I think was when he had his leg amputated, and it was a battle to get him eating again. Doesn't look like I'm going to have to syringe feed him this time, which is great! :D

Oh poor Billy didn't know he once had a leg removed. What a brave boy.

Good he is eating. :wave:

Yes, I think it was February last year. I'd been away for a couple of days and my dad was house sitting. He said he dropped the run lid and made Billy jump. He broke his leg badly and it couldn't be saved. :(

You wouldn't know from the way he runs around! He even still manages to jump on top of the hutch! :shock: He's my brave little soldier! :love:

We're back! :wave:

He's looking bit a wobbly, but not bad. He hadn't eaten at the vets, but he's had a few pellets and some herbs (five different types to choose from!), and now he's being cleaned up by his wife. :)

The last time he had an anaesthetic I think was when he had his leg amputated, and it was a battle to get him eating again. Doesn't look like I'm going to have to syringe feed him this time, which is great! :D

Ah you've got a little fighter :D :D i'm glad he's home safe x

Yesterday I was taught how to give Depocillin injections! :shock: I watched the vet do it first, then tried with some saline (I think?). Got it right that time.

This morning I had to do my first one on my own. I screwed up. :oops: It went straight out the other side. :shock: I feel like such a numpty. :oops: I cleaned him up well though, so no risk of anybun licking it off.

Second time lucky though! :) I think I just didn't have enough of a scruff in my hand the first time.

It does mean I'm a dose short now, so I'll have to get one on my way to work tomorrow, then store it in the work fridge! :shock: Hope they don't think I'm a junkie! :lol:

I have lost count at how many times i mucked up giving Inca injections. I would say it gets easier, which it does, but then you have the occasional mishap!

you're very brave doing his injections!!

how is he anyway? xx

Either brave or crazy! :shock: :lol:

He's doing very well thanks! :wave: No more drooling and his nose is looking a lot cleaner. He's still eating normally too, the little piggy!

I'm really hoping these injections kick this infection in the butt so he doesn't need any more tear duct flushes!

I have lost count at how many times i mucked up giving Inca injections. I would say it gets easier, which it does, but then you have the occasional mishap!

So glad it's not just me! I was so embarrassed. :oops: How did I not notice the needle had gone straight through?! I could never be a vet!

I never realised how tough rabbit skin was until I tried to stick a needle in it! :shock: :lol:

Billy was the perfect patient though! I was so worried he'd move at the wrong moment!

Sending more vibes. I've recently started injecting the same. I've sent it out the other side before as well.

Thank you! :wave: That makes me feel better!

When the vet said "Careful not to push it straight out the other side" I thought, how on earth could that happen?! :shock:

Easily, it seems! :lol:

Ahh I didn't know Billy had broken his little leg he is a brave little soldier and I'm glad he is doing ok after his dental sending him 'Healing' Vibes xxxx

Injecting penicillan is so difficult:shock:
I have never got the hang of it, either the needle blows off or the flippn stuff wont inject out:shock:
I find warming it a soon before injecting makes it slightly easier. I had to have extra injections sent to me in the post as i had mucked up a few times:cry:
recently I have had to give one of my buns fluid and vetergesic, it was so easy compared to streptocare I felt like a professional:lol:

Best wishes for Billy. (ps FHB is back next week:) I am already booked in!)

Sorry but needles, eeeeeeeeewwwwwww. MInd you seen my old vets do that twice. (locums).

Glad Billy is improving. :wave:

I know, I'm not a fan of needles. :shock: I never look when I get an injection. The scary thing is, now I've really had to look at one I know just how big they are! :shock: I'm not looking forward to my next injection now! :lol:

Injecting penicillan is so difficult:shock:
I have never got the hang of it, either the needle blows off or the flippn stuff wont inject out:shock:
I find warming it a soon before injecting makes it slightly easier. I had to have extra injections sent to me in the post as i had mucked up a few times:cry:
recently I have had to give one of my buns fluid and vetergesic, it was so easy compared to streptocare I felt like a professional:lol:

Best wishes for Billy. (ps FHB is back next week:) I am already booked in!)

Thanks for the tip! :wave: I had a go at warming first this morning at it went in perfectly! :shock: I couldn't believe it! I kept moving his fur around, trying to find where it must have dripped out! :lol:

Thank goodness he's a black bun! Bet it's even harder to do on a white bun! :shock:

It's good to know the professionals get it wrong sometimes too!

Billy had his last dose this morning. He thanked me by biting my shoulder! :lol:

No more nasal discharge as yet, but I'm still very concerned by his weight loss. 2.1kg to 1.4kg seems too drastic to be dental related, especially when he was eating perfectly normally in front of me.

He's been on Metacam for quite a while, I'm starting to worry about possible kidney problems. :cry:

Back