• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bertie please

Do keep us up to date with how things are going. Hope everything settles soon and he is back home soon.

im so sorry i didnt see this thread yeasterday...

have you heard how he is yet, sending loads of vibes xxxxxx

Hey everyone :wave:

Thank you so much for all of your good wishes and support over the last couple of days.

I am pleased to tell you all that Bertie is well enough to come home today. I am picking him up from the hospital at 4pm and I can't wait to see him. Daisy is like a little lost soul without her boyfriend and I will take her with me to pick him up.

Just a little worried that they might not go straight back together with no problems so keep everything crossed!!

Thanks again for all of your replies. xx

Thats great news. Hope Daisy doesn't make a fuss cos he doesn't smell right! Used to take my Fluffy up to an hour to accept Santolina back again - it was always the longest and most worrying hour! Sending welcome back and get well soon vibes.

I am SO happy to hear that your precious Bertie was well enough to come home today!!! :D :D I will keep sending vibes and will keep my fingers very firmly crossed for his speedy and complete recovery!!! xxxxx :D

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( VIBES )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hey everyone :wave:

Just thought I would give you an update on Bertie. He was so pleased to be home, he kept doing happy shakes and running around making sure everything was as he left it!!

The problem was as LuceMarbles said, Daisy was really funny with him. I took her with me to pick him up as I thought they could "chat" in the carrier on the way home. By the time we got home, Daisy was shaking like a leaf and looked petrified. It took several hours of Bertie trying to go and say hello and her running away from him. I was so nervous but eventually with some encouragement from me (I sat in the room with them) she did let him groom her and they were ok after that.

Bertie has been eating well and seems fine in himself, the only thing I noticed was that his ear (the one that had the drip in it) is very swollen. I have spoken to the vet this morning and she said to keep a close eye on it and try to put a cold compress on it and massage it gently.

I am hoping that it will start to improve soon as I really don't want to have another trip to the vet when they have only just settled down again.

Thank you all so much for your support and good wishes. :love:

Back