• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD in Kidderminster!!!

Does anyone know if avisafe disinfectant is effective?

We have used it for years as its the only one I have found so far that doesn't upset my ME

I cant believe how off topic this has gone.....for starters I wasnt aware there is a VHD Outbreak section, so certainly wouldnt ever check it as most people wouldnt.
And whether Im mentally well or not (I do suffer from depression and anxiety issues if you must know) Im still worrying about my rabbits and other people who may have rabbits in this area.

I agree and you don't need to justify anything to anyone. Rabbit chat gets the most viewing of all the rabbit side of the forum. So more people will see this topic and spread the word and help save buns by getting vaccinated. It is a rabbit forum after all...

Really hope your buns and anyone else's in the area are fine :(

Does anyone know if avisafe disinfectant is effective?

We have used it for years as its the only one I have found so far that doesn't upset my ME

Was going to phone vets to ask what yuris weight is so I can write it down was gong to ask for you but have been trying to get through for a while now

I wasn't going to say anything but this has really annoyed me. To say that peanut toffee is ok because she doesn't have mental health problems is extremely unfair. The risks to her rabbits at this time are real . She lives in the area and I think her rabbits maybe unvaccinated. So she has every right to share her fears with everyone and be able to discuss any precautions she can take inc the best disinfectant etc. that is not what the vhd outbreak section is for.

Everyone has always been very patient and understanding of your fears even when they have no factual base and are completely unfounded. So it is only fair others are treated the same especially when their fears are real as unfortunately not all of us are lucky enough to be able to vaccinate all our rabbits through no fault of our own

Very good post. If there was an outbreak around me I would have posted in exactly the same place.

To be honest...I'm sure that if you googled VHD outbreaks you would find many more places.

Just don't open threads that 'trigger' you....I'm terrified of clowns...so won't open a thread about them.

I know I don't have any MH issues....and don't really 'get' them a lot of the time....but surely the thought of many people pussy footing around the unfounded fears of another is slightly rediculess to even considor.

Thank you Peanut Toffee for letting people know.....there are a quite a few members in your area if I remember rightly.x

Just don't open threads that 'trigger' you....I'm terrified of clowns...so won't open a thread about them.

Whilst I don't think Peanut-Toffee was in the wrong to post this thread, and I agree that it's important to warn people even if it may cause problems with peoples OCD, I must point out that with a compulsion such as OCD it's often simply impossible to not open a thread. For things you dislike (clowns, as you said), it's easy to avoid. But a compulsion is a compulsion, and there's an overwhelming compulsion to open the thread... regardless of whether it might make things worse for you or not.

Just felt like I had to say that, sorry! Not trying to cause any trouble, I'm way too tired for that :lol:

Whilst I don't think Peanut-Toffee was in the wrong to post this thread, and I agree that it's important to warn people even if it may cause problems with peoples OCD, I must point out that with a compulsion such as OCD it's often simply impossible to not open a thread. For things you dislike (clowns, as you said), it's easy to avoid. But a compulsion is a compulsion, and there's an overwhelming compulsion to open the thread... regardless of whether it might make things worse for you or not.

Just felt like I had to say that, sorry! Not trying to cause any trouble, I'm way too tired for that :lol:

Sorry but I don't understand what warning could've been given, it said VHD in the thread title, how could you warn people or not put VHD in the title and still alert people? There's no telling what may trigger someone as we can't possibly know if it isn't something obvious. Just about anything might trigger a reaction in someone. It's a public forum so other than obvious things like EDs, adult content, distressing pics or MH I think people just have to moderate themselves as to what they read. We can'tpossibly remember everyones triggers. I'm not unsympathetic to those with OCD, DH has it so I do understand it, but on a public forum I can't see how we can be expected to know what might upset every member.
I was glad of the heads up, and thought rabbit chat was the right place.

Sorry but I don't understand what warning could've been given, it said VHD in the thread title, how could you warn people or not put VHD in the title and still alert people? There's no telling what may trigger someone as we can't possibly know if it isn't something obvious. Just about anything might trigger a reaction in someone. It's a public forum so other than obvious things like EDs, adult content, distressing pics or MH I think people just have to moderate themselves as to what they read. We can'tpossibly remember everyones triggers. I'm not unsympathetic to those with OCD, DH has it so I do understand it, but on a public forum I can't see how we can be expected to know what might upset every member.
I was glad of the heads up, and thought rabbit chat was the right place.

I really don't see what most of this reply has to do with me - I never said anything about needing a warning, being sensitive to peoples problems or that Peanut-Toffee shouldn't have posted. She has every right to, and I'm thankful that she did (although I saw RWAFs posts firsts, not everybody will have). I just wanted to clarify one single phrase in someones sentence. Perhaps you meant to reply to someone else?

I really don't see what most of this reply has to do with me - I never said anything about needing a warning, being sensitive to peoples problems or that Peanut-Toffee shouldn't have posted. She has every right to, and I'm thankful that she did (although I saw RWAFs posts firsts, not everybody will have). I just wanted to clarify one single phrase in someones sentence. Perhaps you meant to reply to someone else?

:wave: I meant to hit reply, not quote, sorry! :oops:

Rachy has asked that threads concerning VHD are put in a certain place on this forum because she suffers very badly with her OCD. This has triggered absolute panic in her that very few people can understand.

Obsessive: she has to control her environment and ensuring that her buns are entirely safe is the way that she does this.
Compulsive: She has to open a thread that states "VHD in Kidderminster". She cannot avoid it purely because it is her trigger.
Disorder: rational behaviour does not apply when the panic sets in, otherwise it would not be classed as a disorder, but a quirk.

Calling Rachel selfish is entirely uncalled for and I am disgusted by the lack of support she is getting in this instance. This thread instead has turned into "this affects me worse than it affects you" nonsense.

Suggest that one or two of you try to put yourself in her shoes for five minutes and realise what this thread has done to her. She is now panic texting friends to find out if they have been to Kidderminster, and it may result in her cutting people out of her life.

Frankly, I don't mind what any of you think of me, but I know Rachel loves and uses this forum and taking this support network away from her will impact on her and her family deeply. Please try to keep VHD posts to the correct sections. If people are concerned, they will see it.

Question- would it still show in New posts if it was posted in the correct place? What I mean is if rachy uses the new post facility then she will see the title anyway?

Question- would it still show in New posts if it was posted in the correct place? What I mean is if rachy uses the new post facility then she will see the title anyway?

Yes, there is a VHD outbreak thread which would then be bumped and reappear in new posts, that is for outbreaks though, not discussion as mentioned by the mods earlier. If it was put in Health it would still appear in new posts.

I think on the internet you cannot completely avoid certain things. I get depressed by the benefit threads, I struggle with feelings of worthlessness, but I realise benefit discussions are unavoidable on the internet, it's going to be discussed. On a rabbit forum VHD is going to be discussed, it just is.

I dont think there is ONE person on here that is aware of racheys OCD that isnt sympathetic at all...however this is a rabbit forum and something as serious as a VHD outbreak needs to be made aware to everyone...I dont know how anyone can justify not telling people :? The VHD 'section' is simply a thread that you can post the details of an outbreak on...does this mean that no one can discuss VHD at all on the forum unless its within that thread? that thread is not for VHD chatter as pointed out by a mod earlier in this thread. So what do those of us who are also concerned about VHD and want to discuss it do? just keep quiet and not mention it? :?

Not to mention the fact that not everyone who posts on here will be aware of rachys OCD issues.

Im sorry but this is just getting out of hand...perhaps if there was a seperate section for VHD chatter and alerts then it might be better? but then rachy will still be inclined to look at the threads? I dont see how we can not mention it.

maybe we need clariification from a mod or Tamsin on what the situation is with VHD related chatter?

so can no one post anything for fear of setting off one person on the internet somewhere?

I dont think there is ONE person on here that is aware of racheys OCD that isnt sympathetic at all...however this is a rabbit forum and something as serious as a VHD outbreak needs to be made aware to everyone...I dont know how anyone can justify not telling people :? The VHD 'section' is simply a thread that you can post the details of an outbreak on...does this mean that no one can discuss VHD at all on the forum unless its within that thread? that thread is not for VHD chatter as pointed out by a mod earlier in this thread. So what do those of us who are also concerned about VHD and want to discuss it do? just keep quiet and not mention it? :?

Not to mention the fact that not everyone who posts on here will be aware of rachys OCD issues.

Im sorry but this is just getting out of hand...perhaps if there was a seperate section for VHD chatter and alerts then it might be better? but then rachy will still be inclined to look at the threads? I dont see how we can not mention it.

maybe we need clariification from a mod or Tamsin on what the situation is with VHD related chatter?
As Karen said there is a section for reporting out breaks but this thread is more discussion and is fine in the rabbit chat section

Like I said...I don't get MH stuff a lot of the time :oops:

I'm not sure though how she can manage to avoid the VHD section but not a thread. As I have said though...not a great understanding of MH issues here...so sorry if I have offended anyone.

Back